Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Want. appropriate for oldgits
  • oldgit
    Free Member

But in geared. One year waiting list. No idea of price. It’s a reproduction of the Paris Cycles ‘Galibier’ ****ing lovely.

seven
    Free Member

Sorry fella have to disagree ****ing ugly 🙂

and might be somewhat skittish

rOcKeTdOg

Looks like someone lost the assembly instructions but went ahead anyway to me

oldgit
    Free Member

and might be somewhat skittish

They were meant to be the opposite, the twin top tube did make them pretty stiff though. Favoured bt racers of the 50s

RealMan
    Free Member

Eww.

oldgit
    Free Member

And the puke that gets posted up on here.

Naah taste yous lot.

convert

if you are going weird, go proper weird!

For me, I’ve always hankered after a solling pedersen

oldgit
    Free Member

It’s not weird it’s called style convert.

oldgit
    Free Member

That looks like something the stately homos of England would ride.

kilo

At first glance I thought it was a flying gate, but it’s quite a nice frame – is it Condor turning them out?

kilo

And for extra wierdness;

A stayer bike for behind a motorbike (not a derny per se but the triumph’s they used at the herne hill good friday meet)

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep Condor, God knows how much. I can just see myself hammering through the fields of France on one.

oldgit
    Free Member

Wheelbase’tastic 😯

Ambrose

Blimey Charlie!!! Were those things really made in comercial quantities or just as concepts?

kilo

Decent racing frames in the UK at that time would be handbuilt anyway so they made production just not in great numbers, hence the big prices now. There was always the theory given that the disticntive frame shapes could be used as a form of advertising in a time when makers names were removed from Cycling weekly in the dark old days of tt’ing

oldgit
    Free Member

Kilo, how about this for kismet?

Saturday whilst I was working, I struck up a long conversation with the customer. Anyway as I was leaving he wished me a good weekend and asked if I was doing anything special. ‘Just having a good long cycle ride’.
    Oh he said, ‘my dad was a professional cyclist’ right I though, So I asked who he rode for, straight away he said ‘hercules’ he was for real. Turns out his dad was Denis Talbot. And before he turned pro he worked with Harry Rench? filling in the solder on Galibier frames.
    And it was only today I found out what they were, and I didn’t search because of the fact about Talbot. I will one day want something like this, perhaps a curly replica for modern kit.

boblo
    Free Member

Lokks like something made in a remedial Technology class 🙂 Get some carbon and stop peeing about 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

oldgit – mate, it looks shit, and there ain’t no fields in France no more OK?

SB xxx 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

oldgit – mate, it looks shit, and there ain’t no fields in France no more OK?

Off to find some rope 😥

oldgit
    Free Member

Phoned up for the price today. 1k start for road and painted. Considering the fact it is hand built and the spec that ain’t bad.

boblo
    Free Member

Does it come with a free blinfold? 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

No but you get a free corset, that’ll keep my sides from splitting 😀

vorlich
    Free Member

****ing lovely.

wrong.

flip
    Free Member

I like it, but i suspect i’m a retro-ee like oldgit 😉

leggyblonde
    Free Member

looks ugly and is hugely inefficient! not my cup of tea and a real waste of a Campag pista chainset

rocketman
    Free Member

rarely moved to comment on other people’s idea of an ‘ace bike’ but that is an horrendous shed of the first order and belongs in the canal.

IMO

kilo

£1k is a lot less than I thought. Lot of philistines about nowadays 😉

looks ugly and is hugely inefficient

What do you base the inefficiency on, OP’s picture shows quite a swb fixed bike. TBF the flying gate is fugly

TiRed

Beautiful. I’d bend the seat tube for nicer aesthetics. Where do I order? Almost bought a Pedersen. Stupid light for the type of bike. Ride is majestic.

I’m afraid Bates flying gates, do not however do it for me.

EDIT: Some history here

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Does it come with a free blinfold?

And a disguise!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sorry but it’s Fugly.

Each to thier own though.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Want. appropriate for oldgits’ is closed to new replies.