Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Want a BMX .. maybe
  • wheeliejim
    Free Member

As I’m often housebound looking after babies, I had the brilliant idea that I could get a BMX to ride round the garden trying to do tricks while they’re having their naps.

I quite fancied a re-issue Raleigh Super Tuff Burner:

[/url]

Any thoughts? I have £300 I need to blow in the next few weeks as a got a little bonus from work which I needs spending before it expires.

starsh78
    Free Member

We the people Arcade….

flip
    Free Member

I just bought an old Diamond Back Joker, and i’ve pimped it totally rad and sick.

I’m 42 😳

I got it to ride round our town and trails with my 9 yr old son. It gets admiring glances of local teen types 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

Midlife crisis?

wheeliejim
    Free Member

I think it’s definitely some kind of crisis, but it’s a lot cheaper than a 911, Harley etc 😉

wheeliejim
    Free Member

oh, and I’m the wrong side of 30…

sambob
    Free Member

WTP aracde is very good, really light and nice spec.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

I had a look at the We the people Arcade…. Where’s the front brake!? Every BMX I look at doesn’t seem to have a front brake – what’s that all about!!! How am I supposed to do an endo? 😯

GW
    Free Member

skill 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

footjam 😉

bongo136
    Free Member

have a look at verde’s theyre good value for money, but stay well away from easterns. BMX’s dont tend to have front brakes anymore, majority having none at all, I ride alot of bmx aswell as mtb. If you need any help let me know

bongo136
    Free Member

ClickyHere you go.
    On sale for clearence of last stock and further 10% off for bank holiday weekend.

Awseome spec for the money, full Cromoly, pivotal seat, duo components, removable brake mounts (brakes included)… And CINEMA RIMS 🙂 buy it 🙄

toys19
    Free Member

That verde looks rad. I squeezed a bit unvoluntarily then.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I went even cheaper and bought a new skateboard to re-live my youth! Turns out there’s quite a scene for us old shredders! Although I’m still pretty shit Im loving it – hardest Part is finding time for biking and skating (age 37 3/4)

grum
    Free Member

Is there even anywhere to fit a brake on that verde?

Had a go on a brakeless BMX the other day – interesting! As the guy who’s bike it was pointed out, it does mean once you are committed to a jump/drop there’s not really any way of bottling out, which is mostly a good thing I suppose. 🙂

float
    Free Member

had a go on a friends verde radia. superb bit of kit. really light, and the thing just felt dialed. i cant think the next one down is too much worse.

riding brakeless; you get used to it and in the skatepark it ‘works’ alright. riding on the road is a bit more leathal, just have to take it easy.

grum
    Free Member

Aye, I suppose skateboards don’t have brakes 🙂

bongo136
    Free Member

yes you can fit brakes on the verde, come with removable brake lug hardware. Im currently riding brakeless on my bmx, does help you to commit to stuff, feels nice and simple as well.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I’m selling this:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-bmx-we-the-people-zodiac-2011-unused-ish

It’s more money than you were looking to spend but if your local (ish) to Berkshire drop me an Email as I have a plan :0) If your miles away the plan would never work lol

Cheers
    Gary

garybanham@hotmail.co.uk

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Do it! BMX is a great part of the bike world. So much fun

djflexure

Got wtp volta a few months ago and love it. Out around the local park with my daughter yesterday. Visit the bmx race tracks around Birmingham too. Great fun and probably made me a better mtber.

_tom_
    Free Member

fwiw removable brake mounts are not liked very much on the bmx forum I use, seem to have a lot of complaints of them loosening and just generally being shit!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Want a BMX .. maybe’ is closed to new replies.