Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Walks around Buxton
  • Straightliner

We've got a work's team get-together in Buxton in early December, and I need to organise a walk around the area as a non-work activity.

Looking for suggestions as to places/routes to look into (don't worry, I don't necessarily want a full route posting) of 5-8 miles as any more and a couple of them may just keel over. Given it's December, I may need a couple of alternatives – one for 'good' weather and one if it's wet/dismal. Any suggestions on local public houses to finish the walk off in would also be good. Happy to start outside of Buxton if necessary as we have cars with us.

mossman

Goyt valley's got weather variable options for walks.
    Go high, Shining Tor or Burbage Edge if it's fine
    or stay low and walk around the reservoirs

Esme
    Free Member

The AA website has some nice walks (and 'family' bike rides)
    Walks & Bike Rides

Gives background information to each route, so you can do a "Tour Guide" commentary

cuckoo
    Free Member

I would go Errwood Hall, Spanish shrine, Pym Chair, Shining Tor (small extension to cafe and/or Cat & Fiddle) Goyt's Moss, Errwood Hall.

If its windy the top section to Shining Tor is a bit exposed as I am sure many here could advise you.

Good walks (and mountain biking) around Three Shires Head, Axe Edge Moor, Wildboarclough, Shutlingsloe, The Roaches.

Straightliner

Cheers all, will have a good look at those options. The power of STW, brilliant!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Walks around Buxton’ is closed to new replies.