Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • vw touran – opinions?
  • matt_outandabout

05 TDi S here, bought ex-Motability with 22k / 3years use for £7.5k. Now has 80k on clock and 3 years in.
    So far very reliable, no major issues, service, tyres, fuelIt does get a pummelling round here as well with iffy Scottish singletrack roads and our mile long landrover track to work.
    BUT in December the traction control warning light came on, a common problem supposedly, and the replacement pump is £1k+ job. It does not affect the ABS, so not MOT fail, I am happy to leave it broken…
    I also need to fit a new washer bottle as apparently screenwash rated to -20 cannot cope with a week of -15/20 here in Killin and the top of the bottle split, a bumper off job to replace.
    It is not cheap to service / get parts for as well (eats rear bulbs and windscreen wipers are pricey for example), and some things ARE silly prices – a towbar for example from VW, fitted was £800…even going independant it was £500 due to ‘interesting’ wiring.
    Not quite as well built as our old Passat either, with a few bits of interior falling off.
    But, it is safe, reliable, gets us 5 in with a couple of seats for other kids once a week on the swimming run, gets 5 bikes on the car (or 7 in the boot seats down….) does nealy 50mpg on a long run. More than fast enough.

Would I buy another? Maybe, if it was a good price. Am I ‘taken’ with it? no. Practical, reliable, works as a 7 seat family bus and weekend bike and canoe carrying wagon.

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘vw touran – opinions?’ is closed to new replies.