Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • vw passat electrics help pleeeeeeeeease
  • turin
    Free Member

Im hoping to borrow the collective knowldge

Today my ever reliable Germanic workhorse began to play up. The left hand indicator began to flash much quicker than normal, I assumed that it would be because one of the lamps had failed but they are all ok. All of the indicators flash when the car is unlocked and when the hazard lights were put on all of the indicators flashed at the normal speed.

I parked it up and was walking away and noticed that all of the left side indicators were on permanently. the indicator stalk makes one click when used to go left but works fine on the right.

I have disconnected the battery, hoping for a reset but without any success, when reconnected the problem persists.

I have disconnected the battery so as not to drain it overnight.

Has anybody experienced something similar or have any ideas what is wrong with it??

ta muchly

Zedsdead
    Free Member

check the hazard light switch

singletrackmind

dodgy flasher relay
    swap it out firstly before anything else, then maybe the stalk switch next if problem persists

mactheknife

Go on the VW Forums, there are so many geeks on there. Somebody will give u better info than you will get on here…(probably) 😀

Zedsdead
    Free Member

also go here for good help

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/

turin
    Free Member

wow

that was a way quicker reply than i had expected.

Thanks for the replies, Ill check out those places.

zedsdead – if both of the sides were misbehaving i could see the logic of the hazard switch, ill give it a look.

northshoreniall

Wifes A3 had similar issue lately and was hazard relay thingy. Easy replace whole little unit and sorted.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The hazard relay is contained within the hazard switch – it’s a common fault. And thankfully a cheap and easy fix.

mboy
    Free Member

The hazard relay is contained within the hazard switch – it’s a common fault. And thankfully a cheap and easy fix.

An easy DIY fix yes, but at £40 or more it’s bloody expensive part for what it is!

Mine went on my A4 within a couple of weeks of buying it, any indicator related gremlins on a VW/Audi of certain age is 99% of the time due to hazard relay on it’s way out.

grantway
    Free Member

replace your left hand indicator unit.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

mboy – it’s a cheap fix for a German car lol

dr_adams
    Free Member

had issues with indicator on passat….
    the relay is built behind the hazard switch itself but thats not normally the problem, the main problem is normally with the indicator stalk – gets crap built up and can cause problems – normally a spray with some wd40 or the like might be a fixer – worked for me, mine used to make buzzing noise randomly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘vw passat electrics help pleeeeeeeeease’ is closed to new replies.