Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Vodafone … any good?
  • Fat-boy-fat

After getting right royally ripped off by T-Mobile and O2 while on our hollybags, me and Mrs Fat are looking to switch mobie providers. Vodafone look like they offer a good deal, especially for overseas travel but I’ve got no idea how good they are day to day (although they can only be better than T-Mobile).

Any opinions to share?

TooTall
    Free Member

Any mobile use overseas is expensive. What were you using your phones for that cost so much?

Fat-boy-fat

We bought “boosters” that supposedly cut the cost of calls but didn’t actually do what they advertised. O2 was actually much better than T-Mobile but was still a rip.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Rubbish signal coverage here and they keep offering me loyalty bonuses that are going to cost me more in the long run.

Best to go somewhere like Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U and compare providers.

maldwynyefe
    Free Member

O2 was actually much better than T-Mobile but was still a rip. 🙂

I have to use them as it’s the only Network that works in my house. They are the dearest though and coverage can be poor – 3G is especially poor, I hardly ever get it anywhere, even working in London.

My contract for 3 smartphones should be £85 p.c.m yet with the odd 0845 number and picture message, it’s always well over a ton.

I wouldn’t use them if I could help it. Oh and for a communications company, their website is painfully slow and clunky.

heresjonny
    Free Member

If you go abroad alot you can get an app from utility warehouse, which uses wifi i think and charges only home rates, costs £2 a month but best to look at website

Drac

Been with them for years and find them excellent, I get coverage way more than others do who don’t use Vodafone. Their 3G coverage is poor though compared to others.

wallop

I was sick of being ripped off by Vodafone, so went to O2.

crankboy
    Free Member

Vodafone are evil and don’t pay their taxes so dont use them. If you don’t like being ripped off check out giffgaff sim only deals.

roper
    Free Member

After waiting 3 months for Vodafone to fix our internet connection we cancelled our agreements. They agreed as they were at fault but then started to send us bills for phones we didn’t have. We repeatedly told them we didn’t have them, they would update their systems and then we would get another bill. After a few months of this we ignored the bills. They then tried passing on “our debt” to a debt collectors. eventually we had to start processing legal action against Vodafone to get them to stop hassling us.

I would never use any of their services again and would keep well away.

br
    Free Member

We’re (five of us) all on 3, any call between us is free and all the kids bills are fixed – but they can still make calls to us while ‘blocked’.

But as said overseas is always expensive, I managed £200 in India before Xmas – just receiving a few calls and sending/receiving texts…

RichPenny
    Free Member

PePPeR

The only good thIng about Vodafone when abroad is their £2 a day for 25mb of data, for everything else they are pants!!

I was on Vodafone for years and used to get them to match 3 on pricing, but my monthly bills on a £35 were always over £50. Eventually moved to 3 and haven’t had a bill over £40 in 3.5 years and their 3G signal is way way better.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Can you still get Vodafone Passport? That saves a bit of money when abroad

ignatiusjreilly
    Free Member

Find the 3G coverage pretty poor. I’m told 3 are better in most places.

tron
    Free Member

Best I’ve ever used for actual phone signal. No idea about data coverage though.

tron
    Free Member

stumpy01

When I was first with Vodafone, they got every bill wrong for the first 18 months. Extra text packages, insurance I hadn’t asked for, 3g packages…you name it, they stuck it on.

Then it all went ok until they let a fraudster who rang them up change my address, tariff & upgrade me to a new Blackberry that was sent to his house.
    Only found out when they called to see how my new tariff was suiting me. Then they accused me of fraud, wouldn’t change my tariff back even when it became clear that it wasn’t anything to do with me. They reckon that he rang up & just said ‘i’ve forgotten my PIN’ and they gave him full access to my account. Annoying thing was they put an extra PIN on my account & a security question that I was supposed to be asked every time I called. I wasn’t asked the extra security questions once.

I switched to T-Mobile.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone … any good?’ is closed to new replies.