Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Vito dualiners- talk to me
  • Lummox

Going to see one of the new shape vito dualiners at the weekend second hand, 2.2 diesel 111

Anything I should watch out for or ask apart from the obvious?

GW
    Free Member

a sign on the roof that reads T A X I

midlifecrashes

One on your forehead that says I can’t afford a VW

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Rust!

enveetee
    Free Member

New shape? Do you mean the New Shape or the New New Shape!?

There have been several recalls – check yours has been dealt with

Rear coil springs break

Drives like a big car

Auto box is very very smooth

Unlike the VeeDubs, you’ll not need a new drive shaft every 40K

You can get good servicing deals if you’re into that sort of thing

Try and avoid the V6, you’ll drive it like a sports car and it’ll drink fuel – the 150 BHP version with an auto box is best

Chews front tires.

HTH

benjamins11
    Free Member

Don’t get one in black. All the undertakers I’ve seen at the hospital seem to have a Vito.

steveh

As a previous owner of one of these and many other vans (transporters, vivaros, trafics, lt35, iveco etc) and without doubt the Vito dualiner I had was the worst. I had a 111cdi (and remapped to 150bhp after a while to try and improve things) and got rid after 3 months. It was the least comfortable, thirstiest, noisiest thing I’ve ever had the misfortune to own. It drove horribly and the rear wheel drive set up doesn’t help and gets stuck in fields, snow etc.

Any specific questions feel free to ask away.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

If it’s an older one, make sure that the glow plug light comes on then go off. If it doesn’t, you’ll probably need glow plugs and they’ll probably be seized in the head. And it’ll cost you loads.

Or look at a Renault Trafic Sport Crew or VX Vivaro Sportive Crew? Much nicer to drive, prob get a newer one for the same money.

brant
    Free Member

I need a new van to replace the lovely Ragley van that’s just gone back.

Had a kind of VX Vivaro Sportive Crew last time – but with custom seats and bulkhead. Looking for similar. Which engine? Or should I go for a Trafic?

steveh

Brant – vivaro, trafic and Nissan primastar are all built at the vauxhall plant in Luton and only the badges change so from that point of view buy whichever is the best deal. Engines are the same across them all as well and the 2.0 115bhp is generally the best of the bunch.

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Both the same – apart from the Renault comes with integrated navigation if you’re getting a new one and the warranty is better too. 115PS engine is the popular one, the 150PS is a nice drive too (only available on the LWB).

By all means pm me for more details – can point you in the right direction to get the best deal / support.

chris dot lawrence at renault dot co dot uk ….

Lummox

Cheers for your advice guys, it was the slopey headlight one but further questioning revealed it to be a cat d write off and the current owner is reluctant to give up info on it. So he ain’t getting my cash as it isn’t worth the hassle to save 2k

Personal experience of vivaro/ traffics are a good commercial vehicle but they have a terrible turning circle and are not ‘refined’ enough to be my choice of day to day vehicle.

You’re right it’s unlikely I will be able to afford a vw despite wanting one in preference.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Vito dualiners- talk to me’ is closed to new replies.