Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vitamin P Mojo HD….it's here at last!!
  • heihei

Picked it up from Head for the Hills today and took it for a 3hr blast around Leith Hill. Weighs in at 28.5lbs with the Joplin, 27.5lbs with an I-Beam post / saddle. I’m afraid the pedals clash horribly as I made the schoolboy error of getting the pedals before seeing the Vit P colour in the flesh! Mighty fine pedals though and the clash is growing on me!

It’s an awesome bike – light enough to be quick up the climbs, it accelerates very very quickly due to the relatively low weight and firm suspension platform, and feels very confidence inspiring going down and popping off jumps. It’s no play bike like an Intense Slopestyle or Spesh SX Trail, but it’s a very very capable bike. We’re off to Wales tomorrow so hopefully will get some more time on it around Snowdon.

psychle
    Free Member

Was admiring this in the store just yesterday mate, very nice indeed! Glad I went for Vitamin P now, it’s a lovely colour in the flesh (especially with the gloss carbon bits… soooo sexy!). Look forward to your review of it after Wales, kind of it’s natural habitat I would think 8)

Are you planning on reducing it to 140mm at any point?

rOcKeTdOg

looks great, saddle kinda spoils it, but saddles are a personal thing, if it’s comfy it stays i guess

heihei

psychle -Roj mentioned you’d called in to take a look. As I’d managed to get some new XTR stuff in HK on my business trip, they ended up having to do a bit of a rebuild this morning to convert it over to 1×10.
    I’ve got the limbo chips on order to convert it, and when they arrive I’ll keep a lookout for a second hand RP23. Not sure what I’ll do for forks though.
    Also intend to get a Cane Creek Angleset when they are available so I can play with different head angles, although it feels spot on at the moment.

rocketdog – agreed on the saddle. It came off a white bike where it looked good. I’ll probably change it at some point.

psychle
    Free Member

they’re good guys in that store, much nicer than my LBS… helped me out with an indexing problem on my bike, no charge (bought a couple of small things as thanks 🙂 )

vinnyeh

very bloody nice.

Couple of quick (and odd) questions-what headset did you fit, and did the lizardskin and downtube protector come in the box?

heihei

I’ve fitted a bog- standard Cane Creek one for the time being with a view to putting an Angleset on it when they become available next month (I’m running standard 1 1/8″ forks).
    The downtube protector is extra sadly, as is the custom MRP chain device. The neoprene chainstay protector comes with the frame but I’ve added inner tube around the dropout area as on my previous Mojo this got some damage from chainslap.

TomHill
    Free Member

Minus those saddle and pedals, that’s just about my dream mountain bike at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vitamin P Mojo HD….it's here at last!!’ is closed to new replies.