Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 253 total)
  • Virtual regatta
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

Has anyone played this in the past? There is a new round the world race starting Sunday evening.

Seems to be a lot of people who spend all day on a keyboard here. Trust me this will help the days pass!

My boat is same as my name on here. I will also open a group called STW for any others.

carbon337
    Free Member

I will be – did it last year but cocked it up at canaries.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Spendid, someone to race against. Look forward to it.
    Both Alnwick based too.

carbon337
    Free Member

Your from Alnwick?

Small world.

Email me about your mid week ride post you did.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Get yourselves signed up quick. The race is off!!

There must be some Dame Ellen fans out there?

carbon337
    Free Member

Im in. Joined the STW group.

damo2576
    Free Member

You guys talking about Concept 2 rower? I have one…

carbon337
    Free Member

urgh no… virtusl sailing following Velux 5 Oceans route

damo2576
    Free Member

Ahh, theres virtual racing you can do on the concept 2, got confused…

ratadog

I have joined as well. I think we need to be accepted. I may well get lost before Gibralter

bigG
    Free Member

i’m in, Jockonabike,

Seems like i’ll make slow progress unless I buy sails etc,,,,,

G

Andy

I’m in and have applied to STW group (ParkerKnollRecliner) 😀

can-uk
    Free Member

Oops.. a bit late.. but I’m in too.. have applied to STW.. (Shonen Knife)

uphillcursing
    Free Member

So, I logged on and have included everyone in the STW group. Nothing in it at the moment as we all head down to NW Spain. I guess thats where the first choices will make themselves felt depending on what the winds do.

For the guys who have signed up to the STW group. If you add all the other players as friends you then see those boats as green dots on the map.

Its not to late for anyone else to join in. You do not have to start right at the beginning so please sign up and join in

I will put up a update this evening with positions etc.

bigG
    Free Member

woo hoo in 18021th position! doing 11 knots and heading out from the coast to pick up the strong winds, eat my wash suckers, at this rate I hope I packed double rations, it could be some time before I make landfall.

What’s the sailing equivalent of owning with bombers?

carbon337
    Free Member

Owne with bombers = owned with a lewmar winch handle.

dazzlingboy

Link? Too late to start??

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Clicky not too late at all…..

I am currently in the lead but i think that might be short lived as I am heading into an area of crap wind. Tempted to follow Jockonabike but as I am the worlds most indecisive man i might not!

Who will get the STW “Bombers Trophy” Not me but I think that could be a good prize for the overall winner…

xcgb
    Free Member

Joined as Rusty Floater, my nautical name!

ocrider

Ooh, one more for the flotilla?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I Think we ought to stipulate that none of the purchasable upgrades should be used. Anyone caught might receive the “bombers” early 😈

dazzlingboy

i’m in.

carbon337
    Free Member

yes no paid asssitance allowed

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve applied! I have no idea what I’m doing… Can I sink my computer?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Looks like Carbon is pulling ahead at the moment. Will he lose that advantage when he has to turn West?

carbon337
    Free Member

Its warmer down here

bigG
    Free Member

Doing just under 13knots with some strong breezes offshore, catching up slowly, 40 nautical miles is nothing when you’ve got 4000 to go,,,

carbon337
    Free Member

Admit it bigG have you been up all night gybing round Finistere?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bugger, seem to have dropped back over night. Get a load of those lot heading down the coast. I guess the purchasable sail upgrade makes one hell of a difference!

I am not liking the lack of wind that looks likely by the time we get to the Canaries. Can’t decide what to do.

ocrider

I’m going to hug the coast down to portugal’s nose then then see how the weather goes. That crowd 60 miles south of me were behind me yesterday afternoon. Bloody upgraders…. 👿

dazzlingboy

That lot down by the coast are going to run into some major calms over the next 72 hours. Best stay out at sea imo.

carbon337
    Free Member

I’m going offshore but cutting inside canaries. Its gona get tricky that’s for sure.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Right, I’m in.

Must not get obsessed.
    Must not get obsessed.
    Etc……………….

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Bugger me! Did you see where Stevomcd got started? I think i may have to scuttle my current boat and get a new one !

carbon337
    Free Member

steveomcd – thats a canny advantage gained.

Doug
    Free Member

We are sailing! Gone for the highly original name of MTBDoug

stevomcd
    Free Member

Aye, I was thinking that was a somewhat favourable start position! 😳

bigG
    Free Member

heading further out to see to see what I can sea sea sea…

winds speeds much better offshore but looking interesting for the next 24hrs, I can expect a long night on Thursday tacking in those head winds east of the canaries. looks like the pack that hugged the coast are going to regret it,

Mrs is totally bemused.

Plus, an admission, I bought the upgrade pack before it was STW outlawed (and I’m not the only one) so happy to be excluded from the overall prize.

chvck
    Free Member

Well I’ve registered and can safely say I don’t know wtf I’m doing!

uphillcursing
    Free Member

The prize is, as yet, just an idea. Do the Upgrade sails make as much difference as it looks like? Be interesting to see if we get side by side at some point. Can you just use the standard sails anyway? Might make it more fun if we are all on a level playing field?

I can’t make up my mind which route to take. Out to see for the stronger winds, hug the coast for ease of navigation through the islands or follow the shortest route line (forgot what they are called) . I think I shall wait for the new weather forecast at 8pm to decide…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘Virtual regatta’ is closed to new replies.