Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Virgin + Does anyone use it
  • jabbathehut
    Free Member

I travel a lot and spend a fair bit of time away from home. When im away there are a few series of tv programmes that i would like to record and catch up on when i get back.

I have been with virgin for a few years and are very happy with the services i have. So instead of switching to sky + i thought i would upgrade to V+.

How do u all find it??

jon1973
    Free Member

I find it great, better than Sky+ IMO. The on-demand stuff is well worth it. Not the HD content of Sky HD, but it's improving all the time and you don't have to pay an extra £10 a month to get HD programming.

AlexBerry
    Free Member

jabba

I have 2 boxes, 50mb broadband, the whole shabang, and i really like it. I only have one + box (the other is the old grey standard one) and it's great. I am sure the next ones will be better (more storage, better response) but at the moment i think their great.
    I have the XL packcage and am due to ring them, tell them i'm leaving, and getting some off the bill (they have a tendancy to take the piss if you don't keep them on their toes).

Good luck

alex

clubber
    Free Member

Love it. Having three tuners is suprisingly useful too.

CountZero

Fine for those who live somewhere that has cable. Pretty much leaves out large sections of the population outside of cities. Certainly not available where I live.

jabbathehut
    Free Member

sounds just the ticket then, thanks for the replies.

Just for info is it easy to program to record a whole series of say, 24 while im away. Thats mainly why i want it tho im sure the misses will fill it with eastenders till its full 😀

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

It gives you the option to record individual episodes or full series, its pretty self explanatory.

Oh and phone retentions tell them Sky are offering you a free Sky+ box, they were easily haggled when I upgraded, cost me an extra fiver a month but nothing for the install (was meant to be £75)

clubber
    Free Member

What he said. My bill actually says "sky discount" on it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Virgin + Does anyone use it’ is closed to new replies.