Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • virgin broadband
  • zippykona

What amazing service. After 2 days of trying to talk to someone about the non arrival of the repair man they have introduced a “choose what hold music you would like, facility.
    Makes them not answering the phone so much more enjoyable.
    Can anyone recommend a decent company for phone,tv and internet?
    edit sorry its in the wrong bit,again.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Get used to that music. I’ve been trying, without success, to get Virgin Media to fix our internet for over a year now.

The problem, in short, is that the cable that runs from the on-street box to our flat needs replacing. I’ve been told this by at least four seperate engineers who have visited the flat, run all sorts of tests, replaced every bit of cabling in the flat, the PVR box and the router (three times on that score!).

Each engineer that has turned up has had absolutely no prior briefing whatsoever on the problem, each went away promising to get it sorted ‘soon as’ and each time I’ve had to ring up a week or so later because I’ve heard nothing. The reason four (it could be more) engineers have visited is because every time I ring up, the nice man or lady on the other end of the phone point-blank refuses to take my word on what the previous guy has said (and he’s not left any notes whatosever on the case file) and insist on sending someone else out to assess the problem.

Actually getting to the point of having the problem annotated in writing took over 6 months, during which I had to take several days off work to wait in for engineers who, on more than one occasion, didn’t show up. Since then, Virgin have promised me faithfully time and again that the problem will be sorted very soon. They have made (and quite often, cancelled at the last minute) several appointments, none of which have resulted in anything actually being done. I’ve had people turn up then leave without doing anything because they didn’t know the flat was on the third floor and hadn’t brought ladders, a single bloke turn up then leave without doing anything because on getting out of his van he immediately visually assessed it as being a two man job, a team of men turn up then leave without doing anything because they didn’t know they were supposed to be fitting a new cable and hadn’t got any cable with them… the list goes on.

I’m actually waiting on a promised call back from them (again) today, so far I’ve heard nothing.

Virgin Media is a good system when it works, but God help you if it goes wrong. Their customer service, quite simply, isn’t. As soon as we move house, we’ll be going back to Sky who we were with before (the owner of the building our flat is in won’t allow satellite dishes) and never had a single problem.

GrahamS

The Virgin Media support lines might be a little busy at the moment:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/internet/anonymous-attacks-the-pirate-bay-block-downs-virgin-media-1079562

zippykona

There’s still no excuse for that bloody awful music.
    Why can’t they just say the phones won’t be answered, rather than me pressing all the options and wasting all my time?

smudge
    Free Member

Any problems just tweet Sir Richard Branson, I was getting no where with a fault and as a last resort tweeted him, explained the problem and lack of help and hey presto, within half hour VM ringing me up and started to sort the problem out .. took a few days as they found fixing one problem led to another, but I had daily phonecalls updating me..

Worth a try.

Milkie
    Free Member

The Virgin Engineers are pretty poor! I’d say 1/10 is good!

Engineer did an install, said it was all working and left.. I noticed, it was not working, called him back… He never came back, spent 2 hours on the phone, got nowhere, managed to sort it myself. Still waiting for a call back, a month later, I’m not holding my breath!

Neighbour had Virgin installed, left the place in a state, didn’t install everything properly. During this they knocked out our internet.. The guy came back, and told my neighbour that our internet problem has nothing to do with him, he hasn’t touched anything.. Two days later a different engineer turned up, and what a surprise, said the engineer has spliced into our internet to get our neighbours…

Unfortunately Virgin is the only decent internet around here, BT<4mbps, Virgin upto 50mbps.

SaxonRider

I hav stuck with Virgin for more than 8 years precisely because of their customer service.

I realise that everyone’s experience will be different, but their connections speeds have been superb for me, and their service (when I have needed it) has been second to none.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘virgin broadband’ is closed to new replies.