Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Very slow browsing in Firefox 3.5.3
  • Jolsa

Hi,
    over the past few days I've noticed FF running really slow. A Google search brings up other people with this issue – some people mentioning it's down to particular plugins (Windows presentation Foundation) but having removed that I'm still getting the same problem.

Can't find any solutions on the various forum threads I've read, so wondered if anyone here has had the same problem and managed to sort it out?

Thanks!
    Now…let's see how long this takes to post to the forum…

GrahamS

Couple of things to try:

Firstly, try the Vacuum Places Improved add-on which compacts your History to make it run faster.

Secondly, empty your Internet Explorer "Temporary Files" cache. For some reason Firefox hits these files when on some pages.

Jolsa

Cheers Graham, tried those things but no luck. Taking 1-2 minutes just to refresh this page! At least I'm not the only one getting annoyed (mozilla forum thread

Now, back to IE or on to Chrome?…

fubar
    Free Member

same issue at the weekend…noticed they have tried to block the .Net framework assistant add-in and the WPF thing…make sure they are both uninstalled…mine appears to be working now but TBH it's still slow compared to Chrome…only use it now when I want the Google Toolbar.

Jolsa

Yeah I uninstalled the .Net thing yesterday and WPF is disabled. Is that all you did to get it working again?

Will give Chrome a go but have FF set up nicely on the netbook – screen estate maximised with the Tiny Menu addon.

jedi

i keep getting not responding messgae! 🙁

scaredypants

mine's fine

it has just disabled that windows presentation doodah for me (why?, and what is it anyway? – nope, never heard of google 😉 ) but was ok before that too

what's this about uninstalling the .net thing ??

fubar
    Free Member

Just double-checked and confirmed that it is working okay now…I didn't do anything magic (other than a reboot after removing the add-ins) mine is version 3.5.3 (not sure if this is latest – check for updates perhaps?) . Only remaining add-in is google toolbar.

Story Here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Very slow browsing in Firefox 3.5.3’ is closed to new replies.