Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • very kind generous people you have met/internet e.t.c.
  • racefaceec90

well i don’t really know what to say tbh about jookychap from fretboard forum but let me try to explain 😀

jc was selling a harley benton rosewood tele for £90 inc p/p.

i am very interested in said guitar looks like this http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_te_70_rosewood_deluxe_series.htm

after seeing/reading about these guitars am very interested in buying it,but due to being unemployed i asked if it would be ok to buy it next month (as have to save the money up).

well i just got a message from jc back excuse copy past

Hi man

If you want the rosewood Tele, the 15th is fine – but if you are brassic, how about this as an alternative.

I’ve got a Tele I’ve been putting together that is a bit of an oddity, that I’ve really been using to try a few things out.

It is basically:

1. Guitarbuild 2 piece swamp ash body

2. It has a red pearl and glitter finish

3. It is routed HSH, but has a single pickup at the bridge which is a bit special. It is a Mojo Pickups handwound copy of an old Kay Speedbump. This is a single coil along the lines of a Gold Foil and sounds amazing.

4. It is wired like an Esquire, so has a 3-way switch, one with a preset tone, one normal – so the tone knob works as you’d expect, and the third is like a blower switch with the pickup going direct to the output jack. This is wired by Mojo too, top notch CTS pots, Oak Grigsby Switch, Switchcraft jack, PIO caps etc.

5. it has a plain black Esquire ‘plate to cover up the routings.

6. It oddly has a Strat trem – a nice Wilkinson one, push in arm, steel block.

7. Tuners are Split Klusons

8. It is set-up as a faux baritone tuned A-A with 13-65 strings.

like I say, it is a bit odd.

Now the baritone thing is an easy change – just change the strings to a normal gauge if you don’t fancy something throbby, but like I say it was a bit of a proto-tryout..

As for price, most of my guitars go for between £700 and £1000 these days (apart from when I get bored and put them on here cheap), but you can have this one for the princely sum of nothing. Zilch, nada and bugger all.

It’ll be finished next week anyway, and I’ll do you some fotos, but it is yours if you want it.

Oh, it has a flamed maple/rosewood Strat neck, forgot that bit..

Or if you want the rosey for £90, that is cool too. either way just let me have an address..

cheers
    mark

my response after reading it 😯 😀

what an extremely generous thing to do.

have never met the gentleman before,but am just humbled by his kindness (sorry to go a bit overboard,but you can understand i hope in this case 😉

i am going to take him up on his kind offer BUT i am going to pay him something for his guitar (i just don’t feel right not doing so,as the guitar sounds flipping fab AND very unusual to say the least 🙂

just wanted to thank him for his kindness 😀

now i just need to try and learn how to play A TO A tuning 😯

EDIT forgot to add you lot here are always extremely kind too (from my dealings with depression,and the great responses i have received from here.you are all ready to help anyone who needs it.i cannot thank you enough 😀

peace and good happiness everyone 😀

globalti
    Free Member

That’s a nice offer. I just hope he doesn’t want to meet to hand it over and, er, go somewhere private with you for a tuning session and some gentle finger action.

seadog101

Wow, sounds like a brilliant guitar, and fantastic person. I’m sure that most people would gladly do as you proposing, and at the very least cover his P and P. If it was me, I would start saving for a full price version, bespoke to my choices. Therefore,a sensible business move on his part.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘very kind generous people you have met/internet e.t.c.’ is closed to new replies.