Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Very drunk (?) wife. When to go to Dr?
  • BoardinBob

What are those that have been spiked actually spiked with???

spchantler
    Free Member

Well.

jimdubleyou

What are those that have been spiked actually spiked with???

Vimto. Horrible stuff.

Wally

Johnson, deadmale, Mr mysterious, your history indicates you never respond to an actual bike forum thread, you do realise why this forum exists for you to post on?
    No irony, don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
    Having spent a weekend actually on bikes with other bikers somewhere remote, in a BnB, discussing bikes,ladies and food in that order, goodnight.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I had two mates that we strongly suspect had their drinks spiked at XLs in Brum on two separate occasions. Whatever it was, it wasn’t rohypnol – rather than being drowsy, they were hyper and hallucinating. On both occasions I took them home (I’m teetotal, so was always the designated driver!), the one spent hours giggling and chasing invisible frogs across the floor, the other spent the entire journey home cowering and crying because there were ‘things’ trying to break in through the car windows. They’ve never reacted like that to anything before, or since (and neither were drug takers!)

tedspecial
    Free Member

And how come it’s always the people who don’t want to be spiked that get spiked? A lot of people would be glad of the free drugs…

scotroutes

Is it possible his drink has been spiked?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Im more concerned that johndoh’s drinks have been spiked

OK firstly glad your missus is better

Secondly I have experience of “mates” who have had a colourful substance and drink past, in all of this time “they” only really describe complete amnesia when mixing benzos with alcohol

Yes, Ive been utterly wellied occasionally and often remember doing something stupid on Ebay several hours after waking up but complete amnesia with alcohol alone is very unusual in my opinion

Cheers

Drac

The reason you have amensia with alcohol is your brain doesn’t function enough to make memories. I pretty much always remember everything after a night out but the odd occasion I have big blanks.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“And how come it’s always the people who don’t want to be spiked that get spiked? A lot of people would be glad of the free drugs…”

If you’re not mentally anticipating/prepared for the effects, then it could be extremely disturbing and terrifying for the victim. Especially with powerful hallucinogenic drugs; the effects are totally unpredictable and it’s really not good for anyone with anxiety/depression/mental health issues to take such drugs, especially if they’re not in a ‘safe’ environment. I’ve seen a normally happy contented person take LSD then descend into a 24-hour paranoid delusional craze. Spiking someone with such drugs is **** evil/incredibly stupid.

Spiking with Roofies/’date-rape’ type drugs does happen. People, especially women, need to be careful.

spooked
    Free Member

I originally started to read the thread from concern. Glad she is ok!

From personal experience booze next day to the day after start to feel ok.

Spiked with drugs: about three days feeling really bad. Up to a week in total being really depressed.

Mind you I did end up naked in the middle of Worthing having been mugged. Great night!

Junkyard
    Free Member

There were no winners there tbh but you should be grateful the mods are not as petulant as you so clearly are.

I don’t doubt that there are people at work who think I’m a cocksure arrogant dickwad

Respectfully, its not just at work 😉

RickDraper
    Free Member

Try and pop it in the brown hole. If she responds either way then she is ok

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Wow. This thread took an unexpected turn.

I was a bar manager for 6 years so have seen all kinds of drunkeness. I met my wife at uni and have seen her in a state but, like I said, this was different.

My personal story of drink spiking was as a barman and seeing a girl being helped out the door by two guys. She was apparently paraletically (sp?) drunk. I’d been serving her so knew she had only had one glass of wine. I raced over to them just as they got to the door / doormen, shouted something like ‘she’s not drunk’ and the two men dropped her on the floor and sprinted up the road. Her drink had been spiked. Not sure what with but confirmed by the police when they took my statement and our CCTV footage.

Yes, alcohol’s the most common drug to spike a drink with. Rohypnol and GHB are the next most common, IIRC.

I bet drink spiking is often blamed to get teenagers / young adults off the hook. Her parents live on the other side of the world so no lying was necessary. She’s also nearly 40!

ratherbeintobago

I bet drink spiking is often blamed to get teenagers / young adults off the hook.

While I don’t doubt that drink spiking does happen, the usual pattern when I did A&E (granted in a peripheral District General 14 years ago) was that anyone who turned up with parents in tow claiming to have been spiked would then go on to describe knowingly drinking a heroic amount of booze.

anagallis_arvensis

I think Johndoh was spiked last night!

hora
    Free Member

London’s Evening Standard did a piece once on spiking. Apparently in London in certain bars bottles/glasses were swabbed and came back with surprisingly high traces of Date rape drugs.

Young men and women should never leave their drinks alone for one second. Ever. Or accept a unseen drink from a stranger. I say men and women.

Of course simple excess also puts people in very vulnerable situations. Last Fri night I saw a woman pissed walking through a trading park at midnight after being chucked out of a taxi for being too drunk. She couldn’t remember the taxi (I was going to have a bloody word with them) and was in a very vulnerable state.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

How is everyone feeling this morning?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I might have missed something previously posted but….. A thought is that if you have a real medical concern for a loved one or anyone… why the f#ck do you post on a cycling forum or indeed any forum. GET MEDICAL HELP. No offence to any person with medical experience who has posted.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m fine, I wasn’t drunk – just being opinionated. Already been out for a walk with the dog and about to go swimming with my girls 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I’m feeling narked at missing all the fun.

Come on, Drac can sometimes be a bit condescending (in non-medical threads), but he seems like his heart’s in the right place and he puts in the hours to sort out the real “bulging cock ends” on here.

FWIW I’d written and deleted a reply similar to his before, ‘cos I thought it’d just be pointless internet contraryism coming from me.

Drac

It’s not just kids afraid of their parents it’s adults who drank too much then their friends claim they’ve been spiked.

jambalaya
    Free Member

397 die on Thailands roads this past week during heir New Year drinking festival of Shogkran

Link

The OPs wife was just paralytically drunk imo

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Having seen a wife and two partners over 40 get it wrong and get much drunker than they’d expect, and having had to intubate and ventilate someone who did the same, I think age is irrelevant. And did the OPs wife ever claim to have been spiked ? It was just a theory I thought

Drac

Nope to be fair he didn’t the idea was put in his head by others.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I didn’t even know that Drac could play the bugle, never mind with his cock 😯

Drac

It’s one of my many talents. The ladies love it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Its important to remember when playing the bugle that you should never blow into the bell end.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

So O.P’s wife survived then?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

No. She read this thread and lost the will to live.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Bongo – haha 😉

She does think she had her drink spiked. She had a regular lunch and 3/4 of a pizza for tea. Between 5pm and midnight she had 6 bottles of beer and 2 shots of something like Archers. The shots were an hour or so apart. She went from tipsy but fine (according to a teetotaller) to unable to walk in about 15 minutes.

She’s described a feeling like an ‘e’ comedown since plus a very dodgy tummy. She also spent the entire day in bed.

I came on here as her breathing and pulse were fine but there was something ‘off’ about her ‘drunkenness’.

singletrackmind

If I had drink 6 bottles of beer and done a couple of shots I would be pretty drunk.
    I guess its down to the size of the bottle and the actual ABV content, and I mean whats in the bottle and not what the label says is in the bottle.
    world of difference between 6 x 500ml Tyskie ( I know its not Thailand but this is an example ) an easy drinking Polish Lager at 5.6% ABV , and 6 x 330ml bottles of Fosters at 4%ABV, plus a shots which might or might not be from an optic. If they were bottled poured could be doubles+
    Its remarkably easy to get beer into a bottle and it to be out of range, or contain enough live cells for fermentation to continue unchecked.
    Glad she is ok though.

shifter
    Free Member

What about the unaccounted for pizza quarter?

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Very drunk (?) wife. When to go to Dr?’ is closed to new replies.