Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Verbier Help!!!
  • trailmaster
    Free Member

Hi Folks

I'm heading to Verbier for a month and need some help finding trails. I'm looking for singletrack, the more difficult the better. Anyone have any knowledge of how to find them. I've been for a few days last year so have a rough knowledge of the area, where is the ultimate?. Also, anyone have any info on some of the runs off the StBernard pass either into Italy or back into Swotzerland.

Thanks in advance

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.powderanddust.com will sort you out 🙂

ash

The ultimate is along that ridge a bit, up a bit, down a bit, turn right, tight rocky bit, fireroad section, lovely flowy bit, tech bit, over the stile, turn right at the restaurant, more tech, UBER flow, valley floor.

Seriously, get a guide (e.g. BikeVerbier) for a few days. You're going all that way, the % extra cost on your whole trip will surely not be huge?

trailmaster
    Free Member

Cheers, I am a guide so appreciate what a guide can do, however i'll be there for at least a month/6 weeks so will have plenty of time to look, a few pointers always helps though.

Sanny
    Free Member

I'd definitely recommend you hook up with Lucy and Phil of Bike Verbier. You'll get much more out of your time there if you pay for a bit of guiding. There are some terrific trails there and more being found every year. Grand St Bernard has a terrific descent…but there is even better if you get guided.

Cheers

Sanny

Monster101

There are way marked trails over at the Siviez and Nendaz valleys, I seen the signs crossing the road as I was travelling up the ski road each day. Looked to be several routes heading for the valley floor, that was around 1500 metres. Apparently routes maps can be bought from the local bike shop in Nendaz.

Lucky bugger

Alan

Monster101

null

i think these can be bought online, from ticket offices or from Neige Adventure who are the LBS hire shop in Nendaz

beanum

Have you used those Monster101? Any good?

My limited experience of Swiss VTT routes (guide books or websites) are cracking fireroad and jeep track ascents leading to the most wonderful (and disappointing) fireroad or tarmac descent back to the valley.. 🙁

ir12daveor
    Free Member

Have you used those Monster101? Any good?

My limited experience of Swiss VTT routes (guide books or websites) are cracking fireroad and jeep track ascents leading to the most wonderful (and disappointing) fireroad or tarmac descent back to the valley..
    You've just not been looking right then. I can't remember the last time I rode a fireroad back down to the valley.

Monster101

The routes I am talking about were simply crossing the road and looked to between Nandaz and Siviez. They were singletrack and looked to be flowing down from Siviez through the woods and pastures next to the road.

This is quite a steep road. There are also routes down through the forest on the left hand slope above Siviez going to Veysonnaz accessed by the chairlift there. I am not sure whether they follow the fire road tracks or go straight downhill. It is fairly dense and steep, skiied it during a powder days.

As a hardcore skier, I only noticed the signs and looked at the basic map at the base station when passing through so cannot comment on the quality. Other than that buy the map, google earth etc now you know where to look.

Alan

qwerty
    Free Member

if your willing to work, i've heard that BV have a broken guide just now, they may have a spare knocking around – but could be worth a try until he's fit to ride and guide again

RHSno2
    Free Member

drop me a line on robert(dot)hamiltonsmith (at^) gmail(dot) com

Won't be in Verbier till August 7th though.

Otherwise…Get yourself to Verbier, get a few maps, goto Farinet Apres bar, have beers and get chatting to locals. You'll find Jason there (ex guide) and other locals to point you in the right direction.

The good, good, good stuff is only known by a select few aka BikeVerbier.

freeridenick
    Free Member

BV are the way forward – Most of the best riding is not actually in Verbier as such.

Tracey

We will be there on Saturday for 2 weeks, will be our 8th year with Bike Verbier.

Tracey

wl
    Free Member

I guided a season for Bike Verbier a few years back. I still revisit them every year, and I guarantee no one knows the extended area like Phil & Lucy. Most of the best trails you'll never find without their help – they're not even in the resort itself (although there are plenty of hidden, almost-as-good trails there too). Enjoy yourself, it's mint.

trailmaster
    Free Member

Cheers Folks

I got all the OS equivelant type maps for the area so have a good starting point.

wl – maybe you can point me in the direction of some good trails out of the resort, do you know the trails off the St Bernard pass? I have a van for shuttleing and picking up etc. Any pointers anyone?

Also got room in a chalet if anyone fancies a cheap trip

Cheers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Verbier Help!!!’ is closed to new replies.