Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Vauxhall insignia,
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Got one of these as a hire car and after some advice as to how it works, i have figured out how to get the handbrake off, it took a while i did what it told me but it didn't work?

in the arm rest is a usb socket, if i get my ipod and plug the usb cable into the car will it work.

Apparently it has park assist, does it work? or am i going to get trash the car if i try?

can find buttons and levers that get the seat to do lots of things except go back and forwards, anyone know where it might be found? Electric everything so no lever at the front i can find.

there are lots of buttons, which i guess i'll figure out by pressing them on the m5 tomorrow.

wwaswas

one of my freinds dad's got a posh mercedes when we were kids – had electric seats and 'memory' for two drivers.}

When his dad was getting petrol the kid spent the whole time fiddling witht he seat controls for the drivers seat.

"Ah ha" Said the dad getting back int he car and realising it wasn't as he'd left it "I'll press the driver one memory and all will be fine"

he ended up laying face up with his knees embedded in the dashboard.

my mate had inadvertantly managed to reset the memory as well.

enjoy the M5!

Surfr
    Free Member

I had one on hire last month and couldn't get half the gadgets to work. It was also a gutless heap of a car. I'm used to a fast car but my co-worker who drives a W reg Passat 1.8 petrol found it seriously lacking too. I think it was bottom of the range petrol and the car is obviously far too heavy for the engine.

If you work out how to get the cruise control working you are a better man than either of us.

z1ppy

dunno but if it's a 1.8 petrol, it's serious under powered, went as far as to ask the hire company if the one I had was faulty, "nope there just crap" said the collection agent (deisel 2ltr is a bit better).

seat should be a lever at the front of the seat, but I don't think mine was as high a spec as yours, so there maybe another button some-where (mine didn't have one of those stupid auto-handbrakes for a start)

mrmo
    Free Member

it says 1.8 on the paperwork, but i don't think gutless will be a problem i am going to wednesbury so should be stuck in a traffic jam most of the morning.

it has seat memory, no idea how to set it though. press a button and the seat moves, press another button and it moves to a different position.

even has sat nav, worrying thing is where i am doesn't seem to appear?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Vauxhall insignia,’ is closed to new replies.