Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vandals
  • kevonakona
    Free Member

So following on from the editing of campaign posters.

How come candidates are allowed to put these campaign posters just about anywhere? Fields hanging from lamposts etc. So lots of public and private property.
    Is there not a "law" about advertising from fields next to roads and what if i randomly went around putting placards up with nonsense on them, would the law want to have a word in my shell like?

After all there is a name on these ones shouldn't be too hard to find the perpetrator.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

i liberated one last night.

it'll be turned into a map board for the next trailquest

it's the only thing they are good for

Stoner
    Free Member

I remember a very drunken night in solihull with my best mate in '92(?) when we collected over 30 political boards from the lamposts on Streetsbrook Road.

We were very unsure what to do with them when we woke up the following morning surrounded buy gurning pictures of the three candidates in appropriate hues of colour…

boards under 0.6sqm are exempt from planning permission for non-commercial notices.
    There's also a further exemption around election dates.

TooTall
    Free Member

You could always get irate about something important rather than a few posters. The democratic process is working, so let the wheels turn a little longer.

skidartist
    Free Member

I've not got a problem with them going up (although the billboards by the motorways are a bit dodgy), but I wish the party faithful who are so enthusiastic to put their posters up on lampposts were similarly enthused to take them down again afterwards. They hang around for months sometimes and I wonder whether its left to the council to clear them all up in the end.

kevonakona
    Free Member

TooTall, irate? Where was i irate? just a question about the spoiling of my environment and more pertinent will be the question about the boards removal and timing thereof.

Oh, and i think you are mistaking an advertising campaign for democracy.

yunki
    Free Member

The democratic process is working

just spat coffee all over the screen.. VERY very droll… is the air thin up there or are you on crack?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vandals’ is closed to new replies.