Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Van talk : Small van, big bloke
  • maccruiskeen

Need to pick up a small cheap car derived van for my next contract, something around the £2k mark so its basically older models of the kangoO, berlingO, combO, doblO and perhaps the connectO.

I’ve driven the first three in that list in the past, but being a lanky-legged 6’6″ I can’t remember which ones were comfortable, I’ve a suspicion maybe it was the Combo. But I’ve got a new shaped berlingo out on hire just now and it is really not good.

Any of my adult-sized fully grown brethren able to advise? Experience of the van rather than car versions is preferable as you don’t always get the seat adjustment range with the van versions.

bullheart
    Free Member

Certainly wasn’t the new combo – I’m 6’1″ and the leg room is the only issue with an otherwise ace motor…

sweepy
    Free Member

6’4 and comfortable in an old berlingo van.

steveh

My friend is 6’2″ and doesn’t need the seat all the way back in his older style combo (03ish) so that might be a start.

gazc
    Free Member

mate is 6’4″ and has a kangoo with no issues – seems plenty of space

rhys
    Free Member

Surely a big bloke needs one of those Suzuki Supercarry vans. Seems to be a memory from my childhood that you only ever saw big people squeezed in.

maccruiskeen

Surely a big bloke needs one of those Suzuki Supercarry vans. Seems to be a memory from my childhood that you only ever saw big people squeezed in.

They were ordinary sized blokes in really tiny vans that were just a lot closer than you realised 🙂

Managed to find a bunch of vans lined up on a forecourt today and they let me try them on…

Combo: ok, once you’re in
    Berlingo: better
    Connect: Best

no Kangoo, there to try, although astra vans were really comfy too.

Big boys can forget the new berlingos though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Van talk : Small van, big bloke’ is closed to new replies.