• This topic has 31 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Bike van signage (stickers ?)
  • jedi

any recommends? any idea of cost?

i got the design done 🙂

want to make my berlingo look nice

TooTall
    Free Member

Have you thought about magnetic ones so your van isn't a 24/7 thieving scrote target?

jedi

i did, but hey ho it'll give me someone to hunt again 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Have a chat with Ed- he's had his done…

LoCo
    Free Member

try this guy, don't know about cost though 😕

http://slikgraphics.com/

nickjb
    Free Member

We use these people occasionally:

http://www.polysigns.co.uk/

They are OK on price and quality and pretty helpful.

JimmyB
    Free Member

Any sign shop will be able to help, if it's a colour design like a photo with wording then go for a solvent printed vinyl. A straight solvent print should last 3yrs onto good quality vinyl, longer if laminated.

I wouldn't go for a magnetic, you always forget to take it off anyway & some scrote will eventually spot it & remove it for you.

Shop around for prices in your local area & remember to get a price including fitting & ask how long they'd expect it to last. You can fit yourself but it's not worth it as if you fluff it then the print will be expensive to replace.

jedi

oh good call on the fitting. my mates ban me from fitting stuff as i get over excited and muller it!

🙂

nonk
    Free Member

no not slikgraphics do a search on em.

neilb67
    Free Member

Jedi, we used to use Action Graphics in Birmingham for all out race car graphics. They are one of the best around and do all Birmingham City Council graphics and West Mid Transport buses so you know their stuff lasts. Make sure you specify 5 year vinyl.

Action Graphics

If you speak to them ask for Taz and say you were given his name by Neil from Team Eurotech.

jedi

ok will email them when i figure out how to shrink a pdf of images to emailable size……………..

PePPeR

Oh and I'd recommend at least 5 year vinyl, it will cost more but we have 03 plate vans with 5 year vinyl that still look like new and we have 05 vans with 3 year vinyl that looked crap at 2 years old and now at 5 years old are disgusting!

jedi

i wont have the van 5yrs! 🙂
    one year vinyl is ok with me 🙂 🙂

jedi

any more?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

you could hire banksy to spray it… may cost over 100k though

ferrit
    Free Member

Old-skool downhiller legend Crawford Carrick-Anderson now runs a sign business. Keep in with the bike brigade karma and give him a call:

Welcome to cca-signs

bruneep

You could show us your art skillz 😉

Taff
    Free Member

My mrs' old company does it. GTMs based in Hampshire. they do all the radio 1 stuff as well. If you ahve a design in mind it will be reasonably priced.

italspark
    Free Member

i got both my vans done by cca, very good job and reasonable price and he rides a bike

coffeeking
    Free Member

Have you thought about magnetic ones so your van isn't a 24/7 thieving scrote target?

Depends if you're talking about content or whole car, my last insurance company told me a fully stickered/rally rep car would actually be CHEAPER because it sticks out like a sore thumb and people are less likely to pinch it or be able to re-sell it.

jedi

crayons are the way forward for me 🙂

Andituk
    Free Member

Matt black paint and chalk. Invite your customers to write comments on the side.

You might find the temptation to draw a penis on it hard to control though.

yoda
    Free Member

Old-skool downhiller legend Crawford Carrick-Anderson now runs a sign business. Keep in with the bike brigade karma and give him a call:

My evil sense of humour switch was flicked on by this,
    "Give him a call" just struck me as funny, seeing that Crawford is deaf!!

……and no, before someone jumps up and down on me and berates me for being an "…ist" I'm not poking fun at those who are hearing impaired or differently abled or whatever,,,,yadda,yadda…..

stevomcd
    Free Member

jedi – ours cost us around £300 (from a place way up in Forres). Has lasted really well for the 2 years it's been in place. Some of the small lettering on the back window came off during the first winter, but they re-did it for £20.

jedi

cool. i just found out that my lbs ownwer also has a trophy shop that does decals too 🙂 🙂

lyons
    Free Member

Tony, there is a guy near stevenage who i used to do kickboxing with. He does all that stuff as a job. And his van looked amazing. I'll try to dig out his number, as i was thinking of getting something done to mine anyway…

Drac

want to make my berlingo look nice

Sledge hammer.

jedi

heh heh already looks like that

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Drac – I was thinking a chain saw or tank! 😉

jedi

oi leave my silver rocket alone 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Jedi, I don't know how far up north you are but there's a guy up near Inverness that does full big vans for about a ton. My Dad gets his vans done there and is always telling the guy he needs to put his prices up! Seems to last properly too.

jedi

cheers doug but it seems my lbs owner has a shop that does it too!!!

what is it with trophy shops that sell everything 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Bike van signage (stickers ?)’ is closed to new replies.