Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Van Nicholas 29er
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Finished my Van Nicholas Redwood 29er a few days ago. Probably spent around 8 months to get all the bits in the end, as I bought bts as and when I saw them cheap 🙂 It looks shiny and is fun to ride, not really sure what to use it for though…..any thoughts? any changes you’d make? cost £1606 build price in the end 🙂 [/url] Finished bike with costs by lewismorgan10, on Flickr[/img]

rOcKeTdOg

not sure the colour of the forks goes with the saddle myself, is that the height you have the saddle when riding it?

but if you love it, that’s all that matters, new bikes are always exciting!

Clobber
    Free Member

needs a shopping basket

lewismorgan
    Free Member

It is a little crazy I know…. However it is perfect and comfy to ride to work on, that i can also nip round the woods on… and then go on a decent long distance ride with…Its ideal 🙂 and different…..

parkesie
    Free Member

Nothing matches its all a bit mental 🙂 i approve.

scotroutes

I’ve been considering one of those frames though the VN site is all confused now (it suggests they have an Eccentric BB). I’d be loading it up with bags for bikepacking.

The fit on yours looks a bit strange (long stem, seat well forward, minimal seatpost) but if it’s comfy, it’s all good.

Bazz

If it was mine, shorter stem, fat knobbly tyres and paint the forks, but it’s not mine so as long as you like it then that’s all that counts.

woody2000

any thoughts?

lewismorgan
    Free Member

I love it…yes it looks a bit crazy….but its different when you actually see it, photo’s dont do justice! Just not really sure what to use it for, do you think you could use it for touring, there are no eyelets to mount panniers :/

Bazz

I can’t believe you built a bike for which you have yet to think of purpose to use it for! It’s always the other way round for me, think of what i want to do then build a bike to do it, each to their own though.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

It started off as a cheap bike to nip to and fro work on. Now i think it should have more use than that!

jools182
    Free Member

it must have taken some effort to get nothing at all to match

🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Cheap nip to work and back bike. Turned into expensive child scarer. Just get out and ride it maybe get some bar ends on it 🙂

mrmoofo

Did they not have your frame size?

trail_rat
    Free Member

1975 called , they asked for their frame sizermajig back.

PiknMix
    Free Member

You could have built something that looked nice for the amount that you spunked on that!

Daffy

You forgot to include the price for this:

I think it’d be mandatory when taking it out in public!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Van Nicholas 29er’ is closed to new replies.