Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Van Insurance
  • stupot
    Free Member

2 or 3 times more than my car insurance, is that normal?

Looking at a Vivaro, 6 seater crew cab. Never owned a van before insurance is about 900 quid compared to the 300 I pay for a similar value/power car.

boxelder

Try Brentacre

druidh
    Free Member

Insurance for my Trafic is less than half that. NFU.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

God no – that’s not normal!

Mine is about 10% more than the car – all other details being the same.

One thing sticks out though: 6 seater. That is likely to cost more than a normal 2 seater van.

IME It’s always worth a call (ie actually talk to a person) to one the the Direct Line companies (Bell, Admiral, etc)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Some insurance companies assume your going to use it for work. High mileage, risk etc.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – mine is a 6-seater too.

stupot
    Free Member

Just sent a request to NFU will see what they say.
    Sounds like it might be worth ringing round…

Mugboo

Brentacre here. They were over £200 cheaper than nfu.

I do live in Bradford though. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Only ever used comparison sites as most car sites don’t do vans.

Make sure your mileage is right, if not sign written or racked etc.

If you will use it for work (driving on company mileage) shouldn’t make a difference.

Never had a silly quote after using them, whereas insurance companies seen to vary on a daily basis

robob
    Free Member

Brentacre here too. For three years on the trot they’ve been the cheapest. Not had to make a claim *touches wood / spins round three times / spits etc* so can’t comment on claims service but they’re friendly, cheap and don’t charge extra for mods like wheels and stuff if that’s your bag.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why does nobody on here use a comparison site?

I had my details saved with 3 of them and in 15mins had a fresh set of competitive quotes????

mandog

farmers

RobHilton
    Free Member

Home

Actually found a decent price this year.

Del

the results i was getting from confused were absolute gash, that’s why don’t use them. think the cheapest was over 500 quid and i ended up with direct line at about 300. nfu were not competitive either, in my case.

totalshell

think our vivaro is in the 350-400 area central rochdale postcode so similar issues to bradford. use the comparison websites.. go for the sign writing.. low mileage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Van Insurance’ is closed to new replies.