Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Van Halen…
  • TeddyBare
    Free Member

…have reformed, with Dave on vocals. Some people have no shame, but hey! He IS from California…

nomakoman
    Free Member

Old news that, they toured last yr, new album out in a cpl months…

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Ooops. Just heard it on the wireless. Perhaps it was an old broadcast.

nickf
    Free Member

After all these years, the start of ‘Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love still gets me turning the dial to 11

Stoner
    Free Member

Some people have no shame, but hey!

Indeed.
    This was brought to my attention by Family Guy this week.
    As Peter Griffin says “Gayest pop video ever. We let this happen people!”

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ[/video]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The only half decent VH track was Runnin’ With The Devil (IMO). I did go through a phase of liking them around the Jump/1984 era but much of their stuff doesn’t do much for me now.

Even though I am going through a phase of revisiting my youth with gigs (Kiss, Cult, Motorhead, Priest, Maiden etc etc) I can’t get any enthusiasm for them.

DezB
    Free Member

STW interest in joke 80s hair (or lack of: Judas Priest, I ask ya) bands never ceases to amaze me.

LS
    Free Member

Hot For Teacher and Panama both sound great when the volume dial is round at 11.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Get into Black Oak Arkansas and see where DLR got his look from. Jim ‘dandy’ Mangrum .

Reluctant
    Free Member

I think all of their 1st album is worth having in the collection.Ted Templeman had a lovely prodution sound; check the debut Montrose album too. VH toured supporting Black Sabbath that year….what a line up that was! 2nd album was a let down and i never bothered since.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

STW interest in joke 80s hair (or lack of: Judas Priest, I ask ya) bands never ceases to amaze me.

Judas Priest were never hair metal!

Rob Halford thus began incorporating a macho image of what today is known as hardcore metal/biker/S&M style into his look as early as 1978 (to coincide with the release of their album Killing Machine), and the rest of the band followed. It became a mainstay in heavy metal; soon, several other bands, particularly of the NWOBHM and early black metal movements, began incorporating Halford’s fashion into their look as well.[34] This sparked a revival in metal in the early ’80s, and catapulted them to fame, in both the mainstream and underground. Even in the present, it is not uncommon to find metal artists sporting such a look at concerts.

Take it back! Now! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

or lack of!! The word “JOKE” still stands though 😛

mudpup
    Free Member

Saw Van Halen in 1978 at the Finsbury Park Rainbow for my first ever gig experience – probably one of the best gigs i have ever seen thru 30 years. Ticket cost £3.50! St Paradise supported (most of Ted Nugents band).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Looking good there, TJ…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Grown my hair long for the first time since I used to go and watch metal bands back in the 70s

plumber
    Free Member

OP – 4 years behind the breaking news

bikebouy
    Free Member

Still a huge fan of VH (even the Sammy years) but that shite collaboration with him out of Extreme, well that was just awful..

Rock out to Mean Street off Fair Warning guys..

Raindog
    Free Member

I bought Van Halen 2 on vinyl when it came out….I’d go and see them if they came over here again 🙂

benz
    Free Member

VH – fantastic with Dave…

“When I talk about getting 18 holes in before lunch, I ain’t talkin about golf…..”

Or some such nonsense.

1984 tracks – Hot For Teacher and Panama…previous albums most excellent.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

plumber – Member

OP – 4 years behind the breaking news

Well, they announced it on the radio like it was news, so I ain’t ENTIRELY to blame, this time…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Now then what was that Music Newspaper that did an expose on them..back in the day…??? Ahhhh Yeah, Sounds..

Anyone remember the headline for the Van Halen issue..

Yes, corrrrrect at the back.. it was…

‘The Bulgey Trews Issue’

I kid ye not.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWArv4J4J8&feature=related[/video]

I have this theory that after the gig Roth sat down and finished off the Readers Digest crossword conundrum followed by a wheatmeal based digestive. What an outfit, only matched by his brilliant voice. A real showman!

bloodynora
    Free Member

A great showman/frontman and a good climber too judging by the ‘This Must Be Just Like Living In Paradise’ video??

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Van Halen…’ is closed to new replies.