Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • V lonely north manchester and needing to improve my skills!
  • solarpowered
    Free Member

Hello Peeps!
    Am v new to all of this but am loving the dirt and grime of MTB’ing (is that how you write it??!!) I live in north manchester and after being dumped by my MTB boyfriend 3 wks ago am feeling the emptyness when out and about!
    I’m not very experienced, only been riding since January, but i love to ‘try’ and keep up and love the technical stuff 😛 If you’re a girl or a very patient man and want to get together of a w-end then pleeeease reply!
    Nice (tastey) man from cookson cycles told be about this site after i asked what to do- hope he’s right! 😮

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just opening a Magners.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Newly single MTB lady?

200 replies, then the thread gets locked!

😛

cynic-al
    Free Member

Where’s flash and the chewing deer gif?

donsimon
    Free Member

*waves at hora*

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Hora is in manchester and you CANT be any worse/slower than him

“HORA, HORA, WHERE ARE YOU?”

khani
    Free Member

Welcome 😀
    Have a look for some mtb clubs, there’s a few round Manchester worth hooking up with, google is your friend…
    It’s all downhill from here for this thread now though…..

solarpowered
    Free Member

Oh my lord! What the flip is that all about?
    Gees, think i have ALOT MORE to learn than previously anticipated….. 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

There you go Al

solarpowered
    Free Member

Thanks Khani – have found a few but none are really just for women (them blokes can be quite intimidating!)

aa
    Free Member

the british cycling website will help you find clubs, dunno if manc clubs are stuffy but it’s a good structured way to learn routes, techniques etc.

crikey
    Free Member

Solarpowered, you need to know that mountain bikers on forums are a bit like teenage boys, and coming here and admitting that you are;
    a) Female,
    b) Single,
    c) a mountain biker,

is like walking into a boys sixth form classroom in a bikini.

Once you get past that, it’s a decent place. Stick with it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

thanks rorsarch

times have changed. a few years ago this would be 200 posts already.

Cougar

You’ve just admitted to being a single girl on the Internet. There will shortly be a stampede. Please don your safety goggles now.

I live about 20 miles north of you I’d guess, but my weekends are intermittent as I’m down in that London visiting my OH half the time. May be able to sort something out on one of the weekends she’s up here.

Bregante

Manchester Mountain Bikes (join through the meetup.com website) has hundreds of members and a well established female contingent who regularly put up female only rides.

Cougar

(Ie, what Crikey said)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora is in manchester and you CANT be any worse/slower than him

“HORA, HORA, WHERE ARE YOU?”
    THIS
    I ride rivvington which is North of manchester where the mast is
    Mail in profile if you want a ride ..oh sorry wrong forum…if you want to go cycling 😉
    I am not single and that is just a joke.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Bogtrotters have quite a few women riders

enter the Brownbacks races and you will get to meet a few there as well

quite a few women attend the forum rides as well

I’ll give it to 170 post before lock down 😉

solarpowered
    Free Member

Thank-you aa and crikey – nearly got put off there 🙄

Maybe i should go undercover as a boy???? Will try british cycling website and see.

Have been you tubing lee Quarry – do you think it’s safe enough to go on my own (obviosly telling friends family beforehand), feel the need to try harder stuff and that place looks v v v v v good!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can help you get more experienced if you’re willing to get dirty.

Cougar

What level are you at / where have you been already? Gisburn?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lee Quarry is safe but like any MTB place it is remote…crashing alone is probably your greatest risk tbh.
    Plenty of red [ easy] stuff with some nice practice area and a pump track [ sorry to disappoint al but i am going to let that one go]
    I would offer to meet there but I will start to look like a stalker

solarpowered
    Free Member

Wonderful! Thank-you everyone! I will go forth and google all the advised above! All those nerves are just about waining now….

crikey
    Free Member

Maybe i should go undercover as a boy????

Remember most of them are British, and the idea of cross dressing will simply cause more confusion and probably more sexual frustration.

Lee Quarry would be a good place to go and ride, as would Llandegla near Wrexham. It’s about an hours drive away from Manchester.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cougar’s first post 😆

Subtle…I like it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe i should go undercover as a boy????

Or maybe you could just leave out the ‘very lonely’ and ‘just been dumped by my boyfriend’ stuff ? Neither seem particularly relevant and appear to be a deliberate tease to me 💡

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Def try Manchester mountain bikers , they are really pushing female only rides at the min or beginners mixed rides .

solarpowered
    Free Member

Saw a bloke today covered in mud – could just see two white eyes…. said to myself, want to be like that! have done gisburn (slowly, i think)-arrived at a weird end and did the route all back to front (i think!)Was fabulous except for the obvious lack of wine at the end as was driving 🙁
    p.s wouldt think any one was a stalker unless you stalked!!! 😯

donsimon
    Free Member

Neither seem particularly relevant and appear to be a deliberate tease to me

Is it working though? 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Neither seem particularly relevant and appear to be a deliberate tease to me

S’ just marketing ernie, some of us get it, some don’t.

Cougar

Cougar’s first post

Subtle…I like it.

I’ve been accused of many things in my time, but I think that’s a first for ‘subtle’.

carlos
    Free Member

Look out for one of Pooks Pootles, they’re very relaxed and not at all intimidating, there is always cake, banter, cafe/pub stop, never leave anyone behind and are great rides/routes.

Tbh, I’ve never been on one but all the feedback and comments peeps off here leave are very positive

Enjoy the community (site) there is loads of info and help on pretty much anything, but there is also a lot of crap spouted.

Cougar

STW: you’ll come for the bikes, you’ll stay for the crap.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

+1 Bogtrotters.

Good bunch of blokes and girls. Relaxed friendly attitude.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

p.s wouldt think any one was a stalker unless you stalked!!!

Awww, in my single days I was one of the finest around.

You are aware what SingletrackWorld is an anagram of…

And will this mean we’ve got to pay Cookson’s more introduction fees?

solarpowered
    Free Member

No need to ‘market’ anything thank-you (how old are you Ernie anyhow??)
    Thanks for all your help peeps, will further research after a sleepies! Being a ‘girl’ i need to have an early nite, what with all the days baking and cleaning that’s been had today! 😉

Cant wait till i get on my bike again! 😀

crikey
    Free Member

STW: you’ll come for the bikes, you’ll stay for the crap.

A fine, fine summation. I concur.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Gary_C

The Bogtrotters have regular Saturday rides that are well attended by other female riders. Click HERE for more info.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No need to ‘market’ anything thank-you (how old are you Ernie anyhow??)

I didn’t say anything at all about a need to ‘market’, that was someone else.

I just offered advise to help you deal with unwarranted attention. Although I’m sure I didn’t tell you anything that you didn’t already know.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘V lonely north manchester and needing to improve my skills!’ is closed to new replies.