Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)
  • V lonely north manchester and needing to improve my skills!
  • badllama
    Free Member

Hi solarpowered,
    Right well I’m based in Swinton, Manchester like to get out more often but A) Mates always have “something else to do” B) Never around when you need them lol.

I’ve a local 8 miler I use for fun pretty flat but with some intresting little spots and with present weather conditions pretty much always muddy! Other than that I trek out once a month to where ever the mood takes me mainly on Sundays at present Winlatter and Northface are my usual haunts always room for one more bike in the van 🙂

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Leisure lakes Bury have a regular Wednesday evening ride, they text out time and venue on the day.

simmy
    Free Member

I’m in Bolton and have learned many routes around the area and towards manchester over the last few months so if you want any advice let me know

Lol@ the musk in this thread

I’m a solo rider so I’m out but have to agree with Ernie, very astute sir

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking of popping upto Lee Quarry this week then opened this topic.

OP – Marin Maketh the man on here is part of the Bogtrotters. A good bunch, I’ll nudge him re this thread as some of their rides take in Hebden/Calderdale/Rivington etc. That would be a good and friendly introduction.

As per the other stuff 8)

hora
    Free Member

I was thinking of popping upto Lee Quarry this week then opened this topic.

OP – Marin Maketh the man on here is part of the Bogtrotters. A good bunch, I’ll nudge him re this thread as some of their rides take in Hebden/Calderdale/Rivington etc. That would be a good and friendly introduction.

As per the other stuff 8)

scaredypants

easy Hora, your hands are shaking ! 😀

globalti
    Free Member

There are loads of clubs around and most shops have a Wednesday evening ride. Almost certainly the best organised and biggest club is Bogtrotters, I write that without having been out with them but I have ridden with a few of their members.

What happened to Industrialfellbiking?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Go on facebook and search rivington mtb, group has over 200 people.Also if you ask on there, their is a ladies only group that goes out regular as well and someone can point you in the right direction. (message me if you have no luck with the ladies only group as my mates wife sorts it out) BTW there are no good looking guys in Cookson’s Cycles 😆

binners

Hora you sex pest. Fancy Cragg Quarry on Thursday? Then this descent back to the pub….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8t3OUnEn8&sns=em[/video]

Filmed t’other week with Lord Lowey of Rivington and various other unsavoury East Lancs forum dwellers

Note: Fantastic comedy ‘off’ at the end 😀

uwe-r
    Free Member

easy Hora, your hands are shaking !

LOL – post of the week there and its Monday morning.
    😆

hora
    Free Member

I’m too tired even to think about sex this morning. I need a new drivetrain PDQ. Trying to ride everywhere yesterday on just the granny/top ring niggled me 😐

binners

I’m too tired even to think about sex this morning

What have you done with the real Hora, you bastard?!!!

scaled
    Free Member

You recon that lee/cragg is bikeable from the centre of town leaving enough time for a decent ride before it gets dark?

Dont mind the trek back to south manc after dark under lights…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Has she made it through the night or did someone manage to find her?

The Southern Yeti reporting from the M62.

maloo
    Free Member

If your on facebook have a look at a group called slow rides for unfit people, great bunch with a right mix of abilities but they always wait for the slowest rider. Think there is quite a few members around the manchester area.

khani
    Free Member

Solerpowereds first STW ride…

camo16
    Free Member

And yet everyone on here’s imagining this:

scaled
    Free Member

That must be cosy with the two of them and just one bike…

trio25
    Free Member

Good looking guys at Cooksons??? I am missing something.

Anyway I’m injured at the moment otherwise I’d offer to meet up for a ride, I’m female and live Bolton way.

Have a look on http://www.shecycles.net they have weekly rides around the north which are friendly and welcoming.

camo16
    Free Member

I guess the guy in the shot is waiting for his newest MTB to come through and in the meantime he’s getting some knee time. Any candidates spring to mind?

tomaso
    Free Member

boggies webshite

Have a look at our club’s Saturday rides, they are for beginners in that all are welcome and we go at the pace of the slowest. However, the rides are in the Lakes and Dales etc and therefore the terrain is often quite challenging. Note the Saturday beginners ride in a week or so that is over the Garburn Pass. “Easy” refers to the distance and not the terrain or technical difficulty!

Up coming Saturday rides are Pen-Y-Ghent and Garburn the week after.

There are plenty of ladies out on a Saturday and its a friendly crowd. We are CTC affiliated, insured, etc etc, but quite informal and far from serious – after all its for fun.

There is also a Facebook page where a lot of stuff gets arranged and you can interoduce yourself.

Oh and you don’t have to join to come out, try before you buy!

uwe-r
    Free Member

Lee Quary is not a great spot for just getting into the sport. The climb / walk up the hill is a bit of a killer and it’s a bit of a rabbit warren once you are in the quarry. I have been 5 or 6 times and still don’t know where I am going.

However I wouldn’t recommend my local ride either as the start point is a well known dogging spot and I wouldn’t want anyone to get the wrong idea.

hora
    Free Member

Pics and details of dogging spot please.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Agroup of us [ men and wimmins ] will riding from amsbottom brewery this sunday .you’d just need to get there for ten .steady pace and usually a good crack + post-ride beers and banter .Let me know if you fancy it and I’ll give you directions

Anna-B
    Free Member

I guess the guy in the shot

I see two women in that photo… gender confusion, maybe that’s where some of you are going wrong!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

gender confusion

This whole thread is gender confused… from the OP to me.

My money is on both of those being ladies in that pic though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How can anyone think those two are not ladies 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Some guys on here have child bearing hips Junky.

Junkyard
    Free Member

it matches the child rearing breasts they have cultivated 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Shapists.

That’s my buddy Trevor on the left. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Glitchy bump thingy

*Changes FB status to Bi – curious *

D0NK

trio25 – Member

Good looking guys at Cooksons??? I am missing something.dont think your qualified to pass judgement trio 🙂 (hows the shoulder?)

*Changes FB status to Bi – curious *

changes mind about tuesdays nightride.

solarpowered
    Free Member

I don’t think i’ve laughed that much for ages! Thanks again all! definately two females for sure….

Badllama, i live at clifton – round the corner from you, tell us when you’re going to be out and about and i’ll try to be free. Are you familiar with the little bike course around clifton viaduct, below phillips park hall? I’m getting much better at it after ten goes!! 🙂

Didn’t realise i might get too much info…fabulous! 😀

D0NK

harry the spider and terrahawk sometimes do rides (and races) near you

martinxyz
    Free Member

Loving Hora’s double post there. 15 minutes to edit it but it was left. Possibly all innocent but I can’t help comparing it to walking into a sports shop and noticing two of the same shoe on the wall.. Just in case we missed it the first time. ;O)

solarpowered
    Free Member

harry the spider and terrahawk sometimes do rides (and races) near you

Thanks Donk, will keep an eye out for them on here!

Shecycles fab website me thinks 😀

AndyF1
    Free Member

If you want to step it up a gear from Philips Park Hall,Clifton Marina Etc etc…Head over to Bolton (Rivington)..theres a few more technical rides. San marinos,ice cream run,back of Kennels..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

She’s still alive!!

Guys we’re slipping… somebody’s going to lose their membership if she’s not caged by midnight.

binners

Yeti. You are aware of how dangerous it is to make comments like that with Hora around?

Apparently he’s been modifying his dungeon since his Fritzl-World theme park idea didn’t really take off

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘V lonely north manchester and needing to improve my skills!’ is closed to new replies.