Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Using 160mm forks on Turner 6 pack
  • dyerg
    Free Member

Hi there, has anyone got any experience of using 160mm forks on a 6 pack, does the geometry work out ok?

Also any recommendations for 160 forks?

Cheers

I’d head over to the very active mtbr Turner forum; they are a very helpful bunch.

Gary_C

I’ve got a Turner RFX, ( a 6 pack in all but name ) on which I used to run 160mm travel Fox Floats, & it was fine. Used to use it for general xc riding, but weighing in at 34lb it was a tad heavy.

It’s now fitted with 180mm Marzocchi 66’s, but now only gets used for alpine trips & uplift days.

rc200f8
    Free Member

160mm Fox 36 Vans on my SixPack, no problems. Bottom bracket can start getting a little high – especially if you’re using big tyres, but it can be lowered slightly and angles slackened by about 1 degree with offset shock hardware, alternativly a 5spot seat stay – if you can find one – will give similar results (its shorter than the 6pack one) to the bushes, but with less tyre clearance at the top yoke.

rickon
    Free Member

I believe the OP has actually got a 5-spot rear triangle, so it’s actually a 5-pack. So looks like it’ll have a lower BB height.

Coil Lyrics FTW, although dyer – you’ll need to Extra Light spring, as you’re a waify weed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Been running fox 36 vans on a six pack for about five years now. Great all day bike around the peaks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Using 160mm forks on Turner 6 pack’ is closed to new replies.