Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Useful Apps for Smartphone please
  • Fabdad
    Free Member

Just got myself a HTC Desire S and was wondering what apps people are using that they are finding useful for mtbing and road riding?

saladdodger
    Free Member

If you get poor recieption and battery life try this link it helped me

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2523297

Try edomondo for logging rides

jon1973
    Free Member

My Tracks is a must have I’d say. Track all your rides using the GPS, and upload to google maps. Free too. Pretty much the only one I use on a regular basis.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Track all your rides using the GPS, and upload to google maps”

i find it excellent for finding out where posh bikes are stored …..

dont forget to start your rides away from your house – or do it as private.

jon1973
    Free Member

yes, I never make my rides public. Just for my own amusement or you can link to specific people. As with anything, a little common sense goes a long way when it comes to privacy and smart phones with GPS (like, don’t share you location for example.)

superfli
    Free Member

Viewranger

I dont use it to track my routes, although it does this. I use it to plot and follow. It will guide you with vibrations or visually if you go too far from a waypoint. Its used by mountain rescue teams, maps can be downloaded for free or use OS maps for a fee (£25 for all of UK national parks), it has buddy beacon (could be useful in emergency) and also hold it to mountains ahead and it’ll tell you the names. Its got loads of features that I’ve not used yet.
    It recently (last w/e when Scot had the high winds) got me and 7 mates off Scafell pike, when our map readers for 3 peaks challenge, took us down the wrong way in appalling conditions Scafell – it was a life saver!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Useful Apps for Smartphone please’ is closed to new replies.