Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • USE Shockposts, anyone use them?
  • Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

thinking of putting one on my SS for the longer races im planning on doing. i currently have squishy forks , but maybe going to rigids, still think the combo will work?

recommend anything other than USE?

retro83
    Free Member

thudbusters are meant to be good

paule
    Free Member

USE are good at taking the edge off bumps (keeps me able to ride a hardtail with a less that perfect back) and at letting you sit down for more traction on rocky climbs.

Make sure that you keep an eye on the level of play in the post – service it when USE recomend and they go on for ages – mine is 8 years old now.

JoB
    Free Member

i liked my USE sussy-post on my SS, it lessened the bounceyupandownonthesaddle that you got during the high-revs hamster-dance, and it took the sharp edge off the trail

Kuco

I used a Use post on my ss and xc hardtail and it saved my bac. Highly recommend one.

keavo
    Free Member

had a use and a thudbuster in the past. the thudbuster works very well, i would have no hesitation recommending one. the only thing to check is the layback is quite a lot and factor in the backwards movement its a little bit more. this could be too much for some people, and is the main reason i sold mine (also because i don’t need it since i got 29er). i have snapped a use and they don’t work well when they develop wear, would not buy another.

chrisrhayes

I’ve got a Thudbuster and a Use.

I’d go for either instead of a rigid post on my hard tail (PA 853).

Thudbuster, is the better unit IMHO
    Use is lighter and takes the chatter out, but I found the telescopic nature of it meant it wasn’t as plush, plus the trvel is less. Oh, and I snapped the bolts, twice.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

think id prefer a USE, only want a small amount of travel, and the lighter weight is a factor…. would be going on either a 96er or a 29er depends on which one i ride, both will be set up with a carbon rigid fork.

twunt
    Free Member

another thumbs up for the thudbuster – extra because I usually like a slight lay back post. Had one for 4 years, works great, and never had to touch it.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

USE Sumo carbon here, got it on my Hummer after I did my back in at work. Back’s all sorted now but I’ve kept it on, it takes the sting out nicely 🙂

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

USE it is then.

Brainflex

Had em on two bikes for ages now. Well recommeded in my opinion.

tommid
    Free Member

I have had one for about two years now. With the firm spring it is brilliant for eliminating those bumps that jar your back. Especially good on an SS when you spend more time in the saddle.

tooslow
    Free Member

I have a USE Shockpost going spare if you’re interested in 2nd hand.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Have a chat with USE themselves. When my Ti Alien snapped without reason they said it was not unheard of. I don’t use it nowadays but would probably do if my HT needed one (read: had money to spend).

IanMunro
    Free Member

Pretty much the same as chrisrhayes.
    I’ve got both, the thudbuster is a far better post at shock absorbortion, in a completely different league to the USE. The USE is a lot lighter though, but tends to develop slop quicker ime.
    One thing in favour of a USE, despite working poorley compared to a thudbuster, snapping bolts and wearing out bushings, it looks a lot less gopping on a bike 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘USE Shockposts, anyone use them?’ is closed to new replies.