Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Urge enduro matic experience?
  • backhander
    Free Member

Hi all, does anyone have one of these helmets?
    In particular I am interested in how hot it is. I get very hot doing any phys and sweat buckets so is this the wrong lid for me? Currently using a fox flux for comparison and also considering the new striker helmet. Any info greatly appreciated.

mangoridebike

I’m also interested in this too – there was a thread on this a while ago which I’ll try and dig up, but if anyone has any updates that would be great

edit
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/urge-helmets

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ve been using one for about a year now and it’s very good. Really comfy to wear and not too hot despite the lack of vents compared to other helmets. Highly recommended.

mah05
    Free Member

I have 1. Really comfy but I do find it abit hot in the weather we have been havin recently. Still very happy with it though

allthegear
    Free Member

I have one and I love it. It does seem cooler than you might “expect” and very comfortable to wear for a long time.

Rachel

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yea me too, nice and comfy, much cooler than you would expect, the brow piece is a nice touch for soaking up sweat, i havnt used it in this weather tho, but did use it in Molini a couple of weeks ago, it was hot for a few days and as it was uplift only it was just right all the time.

backhander
    Free Member

Thanks all. “cooler than you expect” is this likely to be hotter than my flux?

mah05
    Free Member

I have a flux aswell. Would say flux is cooler but prefer the urge over the flux

flow
    Free Member

They remind me of kick start

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a bronze one.
    I’ll post pics & stuff soon.

Northwind

flow – Member

They remind me of kick start

Aye… Good innit! Don’t tell me you’ve never had the kickstart theme in your head when you’re out on the bike :mrgreen:

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve got one, comfy and looks great – however it will be too hot for me in summer. I’ll use my giro xen for hot days

And you see that big pad that is great for soaking up sweat? That is bloody horrible soggy and cold when you put it back on after your lunch stop!

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

Went out today for the first time in it.
    Although it is hotter than a fully vented one, it is surprisingly cool.
    Really comfy, good fit with good protection.
    I’m really happy with it.

[list]

davesmate
    Free Member

Holy thread resurection Batman!

Those of you who’ve got one of these lids, how do you find the fit? I seem to have a between sizes head, tried on a s-m and it was too small where as the l-xl was too big. to my knowledge they don’t do a m-l.

covertchris
    Free Member

Best fitting helmet I’ve ever owned s/m, most comfortable aswell. I run really hot and sweat something awfull, dont get sweat running down my face anymore. I really like the styling aswell, even though it reminds me of magneto from the x-men, and from the back a cyber man from doctor who. So impressed Iv’e just ordered a Down O Matic for the Mega.

lucien

Mega sweaty hot! I’m totally disapointed as I like everything about the helmet – fit, style, quality, price – the whole 9 yds.

Except, it’s just sooooo hot and sweaty. I thought the cold spell might provide a backup plan of just using in the winter, no chance as it’s still hot, sweaty and no decent ventilation.
    Did I mention it was hot?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Urge enduro matic experience?’ is closed to new replies.