Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Upgrading, do wheels really make that much difference?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

renton – very pretty, but it’s just a bike, not a piece of art.

tagging is tough to kick but you know if you’re open about it it’s a little more honest and less lame, don’t you think? Just like saying it to someone’s face, and you, of course, know all about that.

And as for “stalking”, I have no ****ing idea what you are on about, albeit you do have a habit of following me around and flaming me a fair bit – things a bit quiet at the moment?

Have a nice evening though, I’m off for a mug of Earl Grey.

GW
    Free Member

weak flounce 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Boo.

I was looking forward to a reposte that would make my whole week!

stevepitch
    Free Member

So after all this should I get new wheels then 😕 I’m a little confused!

Renton nice bike 🙂

james
    Free Member

“go Hope Pro 2 SP’s c/w Crests and run tubeless – plenty stiff enough”

I thought crests weren’t all that stiff?
    If flows could be too much (for the OP rather than a pitch’s full potential downhill) then maybe consider Arch’s? (The new Arch EX should be the same width as a crest, but stiffer due to beefier cross section, weight wise in between crest and flow

Weigh your current wheels
    Add up how much different new wheels claim to be. DT Swiss Spoke calculator includes the weight I think
    JustRidingAlong.com have some spoke/rim/hub weights for a quicker (claimed) weight tot up
    Take it from there

Northwind

jedi – Member

my crossmax sx’s weigh nothing compared to the wheels i used to use and are just as durable = winner!

the st’s on my hummer weigh less than the cris king hubed wheelset that was on it by a mile too = double winner

But then the rrp for those 2 sets of wheels is more than a Pitch 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Upgrading, do wheels really make that much difference?’ is closed to new replies.