Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • UPDATE: Anotherfailedmarriagetrackworld
  • notmyreallymyname
    Free Member

OK, so without making everybody trawl back through my original thread (here for the masochists amongst you…)

Headed back up to Scotland for Christmas so our son could have the break we’d planned – rented accommodation outside Aviemore for 5 days. He got his skiing lessons and plenty of presents and love. My wife and I slept in separate beds. But… After the coldness, things had moved on – we got on quite well for the duration.

My parents came up when we got back, took the boy out for the day while we sorted belongings and had a pretty in-depth, frank heart-to-heart, especially about making a decision with her head, not listening to her heart at all or confiding in me how bad she really felt – she clearly regretted that things had got so far for us. This was a sign that I was starting to get through her armour. My folks and I then left, back in the Lakes for the 30th. Pretty soon after getting there things really started to pick up again and we spent most of NYE (she spent it on her own, I in the pub with one of my mates) and the following few days either texting or chatting through Facebook, we were actually getting on really well but she said it’d finally dawned on her just what a decision she’d made, what with being on her own & me having moved everything out (& maybe there’s an element of me having been so quick to do that in order to provoke this realisation).

As a result of the heart-to-heart she agreed to re-think her flat refusal to try to rescue things now that help was being offered by the Army. Some of the comments she made/is currently making sound like her position is softening – “IF we get divorced”, “IF we don’t try again”, “IF we do try again, it’s a fresh start”, “we should think about renewing our vows & having a second honeymoon IF we do try again” (empahsis mine) rather than the brick wall of “when we get divorced” or “we’re not trying again” before Christmas.

Only one fly in the ointment now – within 1/2 hour of arriving back at work from the break she was told she’d be on ops for 4 months at the end of March… Now, OK, we could pull the compassionate card but that would only defer it, probably to a less favourable time, like Christmas 2014, and it’d still be something we’d have to deal with if we do try again so it’ll go ahead as planned and be got out of the way, in the meantime my unit are working out exactly what they will do for me/us that’d give us more time together if she decides we can try and rescue things.

So, in summary (and probably what I should’ve done to keep from War and Peace again!), I don’t want to get my hopes up because she could still decide it’s a no, but things are brighter than they were when I first posted and I have my fingers crossed that she’ll say yes and we can work things out. There’ve been some lows over the last few weeks and a not inconsiderable amount of tears shed, mainly by me…!

In the meantime, thanks for everybody’s support!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Good luck.

ononeorange

All the best. If it’s meant to, I really hope it works out for you.

noteeth
    Free Member

I really hope it works out for you

Can’t say much more than that – good luck to you. Keep steady.

mikey3
    Free Member

Good luck,hope things work out how you want.

JulianA
    Free Member

All the best, hope it works out well for you all.

Keep us posted if you can – I’m sure there are a lot of folk on here rooting for you to sort it.

hora
    Free Member

Good luck again. Im always about, just to have a laugh/shoot the breeze on a ride

jamj1974

Can only echo the other people who have responded. I wish to the very best of luck.

J

ScottChegg
    Free Member

on ops for 4 months at the end of March

So you’ve got 3 months to make it work. Use them well.

chewkw
    Free Member

I hope everything works out fine for both of you in the end.

Life is very hard as far as I am concerned.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Good luck hope it works out in the end 🙂

divenwob
    Free Member

Fingers crossed mate!

cr500dom
    Free Member

Good Luck, I really hope it works out for you all

tomhoward

Good luck.

2 friends were in a similar position just before Xmas too, and did pretty much what you have done, he’s now moved back in after her realisation that she really misses him and they are getting back to where they were. They used counselling too, seemed to help, so theres def light at the end of the tunnel.

willard

Good luck! Despite the small problem of going on ops, it looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I really hope it works out for you both.

gordimhor

Good luck to you both

keefmac

glad its heading in the right direction for you. also ex-mob so well aware of the strain on a marriage as mrs km was also in. really hope it all works out for you and the family.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘UPDATE: Anotherfailedmarriagetrackworld’ is closed to new replies.