Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Unofficial DH trails in Innerleithren?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Are they easy to find? I’ve a long weekend booked at the end of the month and was wondering if any of the Inners locals would be about to show me any of the home made stuff or point me in the right direction.

Mucho thanko

br
    Free Member

Try posting on here:

http://mtbborders.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=meets

I did and a kind soul (thanks Jamie) took me around.

hels
    Free Member

I’m intrigued by this idea that there are “Official Trails”. Don’t tell the kidz.

legend
    Free Member

Official DH trails are Matador, Gold and Cresta but everyone knows that the true Gnar would never ride such things 😉

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Inners is littered with trails cut for various events. You can’t miss them, they head off into the trees all over the shop. Some of them are overgrown – you’ll head down what looks promising only for it to turn into thick woods. Others are magic.

If you’re booked on the uplift, make friends with someone who knows where they’re going and have a blast.

Is it the 31st/1st you’ll be there? I might be aboot then

Trekster

Some Inners locals over on trailscotland forum 😉

Euro
    Free Member

Cheers, i’ll check those sites when I get home.

It is the 31st/1st. Doing the uplift thing on the Saturday, hoping to explore a bit on the Sunday.

Northwind

TBH it’s now pretty hard to ride Gold or Cresta top to bottom without accidentally going offpiste…

If your second day is on a trailbike then there’s a load of trails used for the enduro racing and at least 2 of them are incredibly awesome, and incredibly easy to find- go to the top as if you’re going to Matador, but instead of turning right into Matador, go onwards down the rutted path for not very far at all- on your right, The One With The Tractor Tyres In- takes you down to the quarry on the red. Or, instead, keep going down the hill and up the other side, watching out on your right for That One Northwind Breaks His Hand In 3/4 Of The Way Through The Race, But Still Beats His Mate.

These might not neccesarily be the correct names.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Unofficial DH trails in Innerleithren?’ is closed to new replies.