Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • unicycle
  • ed80
    Free Member

Looking at unicycles on eBay. Is there anything in particular I should be paying attention to (e.g. wheel size)?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Smaller wheels are easier to learn on but larger wheels easier to ride around on once you have learn’t. I have 20 inch wheel one. good for a beginner but once you have got to grips with it you end up spinning along going nowhere. a brake is good for offroading I believe – but I didn’t get that good before I broke it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Google Kris Holm(??) for insperation..

Innes
    Free Member

Try one of these: Unicycle.uk.com Starter pack

This will be great for starting, then you can move up to a larger wheel, or stronger 20″ if you like doing tricks.

It is quite addictive, I teach Kids at my Daughter’s school to unicycle, and we always start them on 20″ wheels.

Innes

nickjb
    Free Member

a 20″ is best for learning on. A cheapy will do for starters. If you don’t get into it then you haven’t lost much. If you do get into then you’ll realise you need half a dozen different models.

onewheelgood

The beginners set is great but if you get into it it’s wasted money – unless you can pass it on to a friend. If you want something to learn on that you can keep for a while the Pashley 20″ Muni(or Phoenix) is good. If you aren’t sure, just give Roger at Unicycle.com a call – he’s a really helpful guy. But as nickjb says, soon you’ll be looking for space to store your collection. I’m after a Nimbus 36″ next…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘unicycle’ is closed to new replies.