Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Uneven Pad Wear – Wrong Adaptor?
  • drofluf
    Free Member

The ‘outer’ 5mm or so of my front pads haven’t worn whilst the ‘inner’ portion is wearing normally.

No washers other than the ‘cup’ washers are between the calliper and the adaptor so is the adaptor the wrong size?

Calliper is Magura Julie HP, discs are 180mm and teh adptor is a Shimano SM-MT F180P/P2

nickjb
    Free Member

Despite all the numbers adding up I’ve found some calliper/rotor/adaptor combos don’t line up as they should. Pretty easily fixed with a file or a washer or just trying another adaptor.

sillyoldman

Convex/concave washers should be between bolt head and caliper, not between adaptor and caliper.

drofluf
    Free Member

sillyoldman – Member
    Convex/concave washers should be between bolt head and caliper, not between adaptor and caliper.

Thanks – looks like that’s what my problem was.

Maybe I’m more deserving of your username than you are? 😀

mattjg
    Free Member

Get the right adapter for your calliper. Trust me on this one, my rear ceased to function as soon as the unworn parts of the pads managed to meet above the rotor.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/if-my-worn-xt-brake-pads

drofluf
    Free Member

Get the right adapter for your calliper. Trust me on this one, my rear ceased to function as soon as the unworn parts of the pads managed to meet above the rotor.

Moving the washers has brought the calliper sufficiently close I think!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Uneven Pad Wear – Wrong Adaptor?’ is closed to new replies.