Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Underwhelmed by brechfa
  • WillC9999
    Free Member

Made a visit to Brechfa and did the red Gorllech trail. Lovely area but bit disappointed by the trail. It felt like a blue route with black features. The descents were repetitive with numerous zig-zags but not much else – at least for the budding ‘red’ rider. Not great after the pretty sizeable climbs. And it was fairly worn, chopped up in places with some very slippy sections. On the plus side the peace and views were lovely. Whoever owns that farm after the first descent is a lucky person. I guess I had just hoped for more 🙁
    Is this opinion shared, or am I being harsh?

skywalker
    Free Member

Its a trail centre, what do you expect?

WillC9999
    Free Member

Err, more than I got. Compared to Glentress, Afan etc it just seemed below par.

Nipper99
    Free Member

you are being harsh. theres more to brechfa than the gorlech though this is a good trail. i would agree some bits are getting chopped up, especially before the berms where people gib out and lock everything up.

Special_ized_Jamie

Been three times, twice for a general ride and for the Brechfa Enduro this year. Not a fan, think the other South Wales centes are miles ahead

chrispo
    Free Member

A bit harsh I’d say. It’s just a flowing jumpy kind of trail not a rocky horror. No less technical than any other red trail I’ve done though.

The climbs are dull but you need a chance to recover for the descents, which are pumpy and fun and easy done slowly but hard done fast IMO.

But then it’s my local trail so I’m totally biased 😉

argoose
    Free Member

as you say not as good as afan, but better than cwmcarn and in my opinion better than the raven, downs very good but too much up hill, seems disproportionate, and not a good flow to it. Planning to do a weekend at coed y brenin this summer so can’t comment on those trails yet

WillC9999
    Free Member

Perhaps I got spoiled by a long weekend in Church Stretton. Admittedly it was gloriously sunny but the Long Mynd was a revelation. Half a dozen descents, all good, some technical(ish), some stupidly fast, great views, MTB-friendly locals…loved it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Underwhelmed by brechfa’ is closed to new replies.