Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Ullswater aquabiking. by Andy McAlea & STW.
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I think the guy in the pic is a tool.

But then I think that about most folk on stw.

Including myself 😛

knott4me
    Free Member

its not something i expect most stw posters to understand but been involved with the dudden rescues last week i would quite happily drag the man by his neck if he was in need of rescuing.

and for some of the posters above can i add you to the front of the car with mandelson .

actiondan
    Free Member

i would quite happily drag the man by his neck if he was in need of rescuing.

Lol! I would like to see that tough guy :mrgreen:

Drac

its not something i expect most stw posters to understand but been involved with the dudden rescues last week i would quite happily drag the man by his neck if he was in need of rescuing.

I tend to prefer to be more professional and not make judgement on people and help them regardless.

polarisandy
    Free Member

Well i guess i should respond.

Following Glupton/smee/Goan's style i thought i'd leave it to stew for a bit, just to see what ASSumptions people jumped to.

I agree that blindly wandering into flood water isn't to be encouraged. (do people really see a picture and just go and copy it…?)

In general i think It's pointless to blindly criticise other peoples actions when you don't know their experience/abilities and hence 'capacity' to make a decision.

The water was at the Pooley Bridge end of Ullswater. It always floods there. If the wind had been blowing down the lake it's got a 4-5k reach and waves break over the road. It hadn't. The water was ? 2-3' deep. Stationary, there are no drains (thats what the lake's for) and any nasties are diluted in about 12,000,000,000 litres of water..

This is 1.5 foot of flowing water from the day before.
    A different prospect altogether.

as was this, three cold fast flowing rivers, with bikes, without any possibility of help whatsoever.

This (just for perspective) is a puddle.

Make you own minds up about which ones your prepared to cross and i'll do the same.

grumm
    Free Member

It's a good thing that mountain rescue don't share your view, happily rescuing people all the time who've been pointlessly risking their safety by going climbing and mountain biking.

NZCol

ahahahaha x 10000 at this thread.
    FFS lighten up, nobody lost an eye. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Ullswater aquabiking. by Andy McAlea & STW.’ is closed to new replies.