Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • UK 'worst place to live in europe'
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member
    yossarian
    Free Member

can’t complain really. We allow the system to continue, many of us actually vote FOR IT. If people are so unhappy they should stop gorging themselves on shite telly, shite music and shite highstreet aspirations and make their own lives more enjoyable rather than expecting someone else to do it for them.

I reckon the UK is a great place to live, but then I’d enjoy living in France, Spain etc.

All about attitude ain’t it?

johnners
    Free Member

Tosh, and since when were there only 10 countries in Europe anyway?

yunki
    Free Member

Greece is a wonderful place to live..

I have friends who have just recently emigrated there from the UK.. If I had less tying me down I would quite probably join them..

ash.addy
    Free Member

Are we really surprised to hear that the way the government are running the country into the ground – I’m not saying any other parties could do any better, but couldn’t they just get on with it and work together to make this country great again.

It could all start with parenting classes to teach parents how to look after and how to treat children. not let 4 / 5 year olds wander the streets late at night.

Get people in the mindset of working for your money not just how to sign a name and you get instant money. Make people do voluntary work for a given amount of time each week. Let them earn the respect and self esteem that comes with working for a living.

Sorry went on too long.

I could say a lot more but it might be a tad controversial.

That’s my 2p worth

Helios
    Free Member

Comparison website uSwitch said that things were getting so bad that one in 10 people in this country were considering emigrating.

So what did they do, ask “have you considered moving abroad to a nice sunny country?” right after everyone has come back from their holidays… I’m shocked it wasn’t “10 out of 10 people in this country were considering emigrating”

footflaps

uswitch.com – that well known definitive source on quality of life!

IanMunro
    Free Member

As the above have alluded to, this isn’t a research study, it’s an advert for uSwitch.

jam-bo

If this is bad, I hate to think what a third world country is like….

donsimon
    Free Member

If this is bad, I hate to think what a third world country is like….

Erm…

CaptJon
    Free Member

They included days of sunshine ffs.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Rubbish, Dorking is best place to live in the World 😀

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Lovely today.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I disagree. I think the UK is the best place in the world.

wors

I disagree. I think the UK is the best place in the world.

+1

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Comparison website uSwitch said that things were getting so bad that one in 10 people in this country were considering emigrating.

so 90% aren’t, even with possibly weighted question?

I’m an hour away from the hearts of a couple of great cities, well 1 great and 1 ok if you like that sort of thing, sme brilliant mountains with ski-ing and proper out wild mtb’ing. A bit furher and the world muntain bike championship trails become available. I source a fair amount of my fod locally and this weekend was diving in a marine nature reserve touted as one of Europe’s best dive sites. If I sit in traffic for 10 minutes I complain about the traffic jam. the water that copmes out the taps is fit to drink. if I get sick, I know I’ll be taken care of, even if it’s a diving accident needing hyperbaric treatment or a long term mental condition. It snows in winter and the sun shines in summer (sometimes)
    Maybe our neighbours to the south are dragging us down a bit, but I live in a fine country, and yes i have considered emigrating, but there’s no place I’d rather be.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘UK 'worst place to live in europe'’ is closed to new replies.