Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2011 orange crush…. any good ? ?
  • mansfield75
    Free Member

Ok so i have decided against a cube reaction due to its long low stance and im looking for something way more fun for general hacking around and have come across the Orange crush 2011, looks kinda cool…what do you guys think of it ? anyone ridden one ? any idea of the weight ? allso back the frame size issue im 6 foot and i would like the 17 i think as im used to riding 24″ bmx do you think this would be ok as the 19 looks like a horse !! … any advice would be great 🙂

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Anyone 6 fot and over shoud ride a 29er and leave the normal size bikes for us no freaks. 😉

I would have thought that the 19″ would be a better option, you will prob need a heck of a long seat post with a 17″

grim168
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and ride a 19″ 2010 crush. Bike fits fine.

mansfield75
    Free Member

yeah point taken (im a freak!) i wasnt planning on doing alot of distance on it which is why i thought the 17 would be cool im not one for having a flag pole high post so dont mind riding a little low in the saddle but obviously when im cruising around i dont want to be banging my kness !

grim168
    Free Member

I sat on the big un. 21″ i think and that was massive. Thought about dropping stem on mine to 70mm and i have a thomson layback post on it

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Can confirm that the 2009 17″ crush comes under the “just too small” banner for all of my 6ft’ish mates.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m just a gnats under 6′ and ride a 19″. Size is fine – I wouldn’t want it any smaller. Running with inline GD post and 100mm stem.

It’s fine, TBH most hardtails feel pretty much the same to me (apart from the MK1 PA which had a really high BB). It’s strong, handles OK, paint is good, hasn’t exploded or done anything to upset me. With Marzocchi AM1’s, some random wheels and bits found in the garage (mix of XT and Deore) it weighs around 28lb I think. Certainly a lot lighter than my old PA.

mansfield75
    Free Member

thanks guys not sure if the 2009 will measure up tthe same as the 2011 ? i have to say the 17 does not look that small but its hard to tell and i can only find a 19 to go look at, if i can get away with the 17 i would like but if its going to spoil the ride then 19 it must be, i guess coming from riding bmx for years i just like the look and feel of smaller bikes…

mansfield75
    Free Member

would you guys rate this a better bike for fun and charging around on than rockhopper pro 2011 ?

grim168
    Free Member

Yes ’cause its an Orange.

Coffee and biscuits anyone ?

mansfield75
    Free Member

cool done it shes on her way !! 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d get something more jump orientated if your coming from bmx. The chainstays on the Crush are as long as a 9″ travel downhill bike’s, not much good for jumps and manuals.

Have you seen those Stanton Slacklines? They look like they’d be ideal

mansfield75
    Free Member

bike on route delivery friday…cant wait hope shes as good as she looks…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’d get something more jump orientated if your coming from bmx. The chainstays on the Crush are as long as a 9″ travel downhill bike’s, not much good for jumps and manuals.

????? Downhill bikes not much good for jumps and manuals????

Anyhow, my Crush is fine for both. Hope you enjoy it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

????? Downhill bikes not much good for jumps and manuals????

Yes, that is correct.

xiphon
    Free Member

Haven’t ridden the 2011 model, but the 2007 one was a hoot…

17″ frame, 40mm stem, 710mm bars, 150mm marz z150’s.

5lab

I’m 6’3 and ride an Ns Bikes Surge (similar sort of thing), in a 17″ frame. I don’t find it too small but the seatpost is *quite* high on road stretches

mansfield75
    Free Member

Rad looking Crush, looks super high up front 😉 i have the 17 coming and i recon it should fiT just fine, if not was thinking abouT a thompson layback post maybe…. any idea what the length of the stem is on the 2011 crush ?? any sugestions of stuff worth getting right away or is she good to go straight out the box …..

meehaja
    Free Member

I had a 2006 crush and that was a 17 (I’m 6’1) it was just too small. I now ride a 19 P7 and it is spot on, its quite a low bike anyway?

crush83
    Free Member

I’m 6 foot dead, I ride a 21 inch and I like it, it is huge but I can stretch out on it.

Just a few upgrades, U.S.E carbon bars, ragly grips, SDG patriot saddle and dmr v8 pedals.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2011 orange crush…. any good ? ?’ is closed to new replies.