Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • UK Citizenship test – how do you get on?
  • Smee
    Free Member

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

I was in the low 30s.

jam-bo

67%. Fail.

good job i have a passport eh…

Brother_Will
    Free Member

67% here still a fail though, alot more difficult than i thought it would be certainly glad i dont have to take it for real lol

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fail 64%

does that mean I have to go to France?

Failed, seemed to me that there were lots of "benefit/entitlement" questions. No good for me I was never entitled/claimed for anything.

vinnyeh

67% and fail.
    Will have to take it one day, and pay through the nose for the privilege. What does answering 24 multichoice questions test anyway?

Stoner
    Free Member

63% bunch of bollox.

Nezbo
    Free Member

i got 54%, please someone deport me now… may be to canada where the best MTBing is 🙂

MrFart
    Free Member

63%. Luckily for me I live in france.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Another 67%.

Disappointing lack of meaningful questions: "When are trails cheeky?" "What threat might redsocks pose on a technical descent?"

I mean, what actual useful stuff are they teaching our new friends and neighbours?

julianwilson
    Free Member

54% FAIL.
    I might have a hunt for an online one for the motherland France and see if I do any worse there!

coolfurcats
    Free Member

38% (fail). What a load of tripe! 🙄 If these are the things you need to know about the UK, then I'm glad I'm living in Germany. I'll not give up my UK passport though. 😈

kerv
    Free Member

71% and still a fail. Does this mean we'll all be shipped off to the gulags? Who will be left to keep the trails open?

spanishbarry
    Free Member

Question 24 was a tricky one , "What tyres for riding undetected throught the channel tunnel ?"

tankslapper
    Free Member

I failed! When do I leave? Will they pay for my flights out? 🙄

Got to say that is a stunningly bad test, knowing the hours a 13-16 year old can work in a school week is certainly going to stump any would be terrorists from gaining access to the UK…..not.

Kuco

46% what did most of that bollocks have anything to do with being a UK citizen?

grumm
    Free Member

54% fail. I wonder what percentage of the current uk population could actually pass this test?

slowmedown
    Free Member

63% Fail

I live in France, does this mean I wont be let back in?

How does knowing this sort of rubbish set you out as being a suitable British citizen?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

58%…!

MrsToast
    Free Member

63%, fail!

Pretty shocked, actually – where were the questions like, "Is it acceptable to serve Yorkshire Puddings with roast chicken?"

Travis

54% Fail…. mmmmm

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

42%… when do I leave.

And can I chose where they send me????

mansonsoul
    Free Member

63% FAIL, and I guessed randomly on loads…

Grumm, I can't imagine there are that many UK citizens who can pass that. I thought it was interesting what sort of things they decided was relevant for an emigrating person to know. Nothing about our culture or habits, about our norms of behaviour. I was hoping for questions like:

"Which is correct: colour or color?"

Drac

54% I have very little idea about religion or politics as neither I have any interest in. Seemed to be a lot of questions around these so that was me stumped. And what has how days schools stay open got to do with me wanting to be a resident of a country?

Junkyard
    Free Member

what a truly eclectic mix of questions with little relevance to life in this country……I wonder if it is designed to be difficult to pass?
    48% in 3 mins mind
    School days no ides but I could work out 38×5 – as they close on BH + elections I am still not sure what the real answer is.

theotherjonv

54%

Colleague at work has an american wife who had to take the test and he showed me the book. Some of it is quite interesting but as said above, it focuses on some specific areas and then it's pretty easy to spot the questions after that. The immigration one being an example.

It doesn't really measure whether you're a good citizen or not (since I consider I am yet – speak the language, understand the culture, never been in trouble with the law, pay my taxes, etc. – but failed the test. But in it's defence, it does make potential immigrants learn a bit about the country and the culture as well as knowing what ACAS does!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

58% and not entirely sure how much of that makes me a poor UK citizen. When did women get the right to divorce there husbands? An important date to be sure but do you really need to know that to live here today?
    Fortunately the wife failed as well so we can be deported together, she will not need to divorce me 🙂

alexonabike

33% FAIL!

Grimy
    Free Member

63% fail

crikey
    Free Member

75% in 2 mins 40 secs.

Passed.

…and I have a foreign birth certificate.

darrell
    Free Member

33% thank **** i live in Norway

fingerbike
    Free Member

haha, 29% …

sobriety
    Free Member

50summat% fail. I was disappointed that there wasn't a 'waste of public money' option as an answer to the 'what is a quango?' question!

trailmonkey

You have failed the practice citizenship test.

Questions answered correctly: 14 out of 24 (58%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 24 seconds

Oh dear, can I be repatriated to somewhere nice and warm with great hills and open minded women ?

Stoner
    Free Member

So, much like the government favoured SATS, you're expected to revise for the test from a set text.

How is that supposed to make a distinction between those who wish to become integrated citizens and those who just want the passport?

Since STW forumites, dare I say it, represent a fairly rounded group with above average intellect (with a few notable exceptions 🙂 ) its extraordinary that genuine UK citizens find the test so difficult or not even relevant to citizenship.

I wonder how much that lot cost? 😉

rOcKeTdOg

58%

stumpyjon

54% I'll get my coat.

Thorougly disappointed with the test though, anyone who's prepared to learn a load of facts and figues is in regardless of whether they understand the culture. 🙄

RepacK
    Free Member

42 % fail..Load of old tosh..

And looking throught the posts it looks like only one of us will be left behind to turn out the lights!

soops
    Free Member

38% here! Doh!

soops
    Free Member

Mrs soops got 50%.
    Is it time to leave!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘UK Citizenship test – how do you get on?’ is closed to new replies.