Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Ubyk.co.uk
  • ashthesplash
    Free Member

was having a bit of a dig online (looking for a new bike) and found Ubyk.co.uk

website looks really professional and the guys seem to know there stuff and they have some pretty good deals… what do you guys think?

aracer
    Free Member

I think it’s an interesting post for a mostly classifieds only user.

z1ppy

Same address as the Bikeyard in Leamington (unaware of them, but seems legit):

http://www.thebikeyard.net/contact-us

wrecker
    Free Member

they have some pretty good deals

Really? I couldn’t find any. If they continue to try and sell kit at RRP (or very close to), then that website is going to be a complete waste of money.

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/catalog/product.php?CI_ID=126&Item=%27Fox%2032%20FLOAT%20100%20RLC%20FIT%2015QR%202012%20WHITE%27

bigyinn
    Free Member

‘turfing???

Jamie
    Free Member

what do you guys think?

I think you work for them….but then I haven’t had my morning coffee yet.

jota180
    Free Member

I think it’s an interesting post for a mostly classifieds only user.

Who’d have thunk it? – the OP is even in the same town as that site 😆

Cougar

I think you work for them.

If I were a guessing man, given you’re both in Leamington Spa, I’d think you assemble / set up bikes for them either in your spare time outside of Uni or as part of a placement during your Mechanical Engineering degree.

How am I doing so far?

daveagiles
    Free Member
    hrcmonty
    Free Member

I must say i am over the moon with the discount i’m about to get on my new bike –
    was £1,799.99 now £1,799.95

Every Penny counts, so 4 of those makes me very happy.

ashthesplash
    Free Member

wow, i only asked a simple question and i’ve managed to be offended by people who don’t actually know me, or what/who i work with and only ASSUME, thank you very much guys!!

i only asked a simple question, but there always seems to be someone who criticizes, rather than being friendly and helping

FYI i’ve now found the bike i wanted

joao3v16
    Free Member

i only asked a simple question and i’ve managed to be offended by people who don’t actually know me …

i only asked a simple question, but there always seems to be someone who criticizes, rather than being friendly and helping

You’re new here aren’t you?

This is BAU …

😈

ashthesplash
    Free Member

no i’ve been on here for years, everyone used to be so helpful

ski
    Free Member

everyone used to be so helpful

lol

Jamie
    Free Member

no i’ve been on here for years, everyone used to be so helpful

They still are*, but are wary of people astroturfing. The problem is, your post came across that way. The fact the site you linked to didn’t seem to have any obvious deals and you may have some tenuous links to the shop in question, didn’t help.

*…but let’s not get carried away. People have always been bitchy on STW. Not as bad as some places, but not quite the Shangri-La some seem to misremember.

Cougar

We are still really helpful. We’re just not daft, either.

druidh
    Free Member

ashthesplash – Member

website looks really professional and the guys seem to know there stuff and they have some pretty good deals… what do you guys think?
    If you had actually given some examples to back up your statement, it might have helped allay any suspicions.

For instance;
    The website looks OK. About average as these things go. What was it that you found so impressive?

You’ve apparently had some dealings with them (they know their stuff). What were they and how did they impress you?

The website doesn’t seem to show any particularly good deals. Perhaps they are better on the phone or face-to-face?

And then just point out that you have no connection with them.

PS _ if you’re trying to get google rankings up, at least learn to include the URL as a clickable link 🙂

Cougar

I’d have been less dubious if the store the OP had ‘just happened to find online’ wasn’t completely coincidentally eight miles from his university. Call me Mr Cynical, and all.

s
    Free Member

simple question

So, do you work there then?

aracer
    Free Member

I’d have been less dubious if the store the OP had ‘just happened to find online’ wasn’t completely coincidentally eight miles from his university. Call me Mr Cynical, and all.

I didn’t need to go to the lengths of working out where the OP lived and where the shop was to be dubious – such a classic astroturfing look to the post, a quick check of posting history was enough for me to get out the pitchforks.

if you’re trying to get google rankings up, at least learn to include the URL as a clickable link

I’m fairly sure he did – just that the mods got to it.

wwaswas

We’re just not daft, either.

speak for yourself!

😉

jota180
    Free Member

……… and all the time it was just down your street, ain’t the internet brilliant?

Small world eh?

Jamie
    Free Member

such a classic astroturfing look to the post, a quick check of posting history was enough for me to get out the pitchforks

Pitchfork first, questions later.

I like the cut of your jib, young man.

ubyk
    Free Member

Hi all,

After seening a load of traffic coming to our site from singletrackworld Via Google analytics, I have found this thread. Firstly… Ash thank you for trying to push our new site! Ash does not work for us (but will do) and we have not asked him to post this, however we know him and he’s a nice guys who is bike mad (like us all) and by the looks of it has tried to help us and let people know about our new site – though it has back fired.

Ubyk is a new site and has been setup by myself and the Cheetham brothers (Richard ex riders for Kona / Giant and Jonny ex Team Halfords). We have just launched the site, so yes not ‘loads’ of deals on it as yet – but bear with us!

This part of the site is stage 1 of something I’m sure you will a like which will be live in 4 weeks. If you like Santa Cruz, Ibis, Turner bikes then you will love what we have coming.

Z1ppy – yes well spotted we have a shop called TheBikeYard.

Thanks for the feed back – it helps pos or neg. Our small team don’t have the same buying power as the big guns, but we do have some great offers on the stuff we can discount and we can offer you a personal service that other bigger business can’t offer.

Please checkout our Ubyk Facebook page

rOcKeTdOg

I can vouch for the bike yard, v friendly people and they support local riders and organise 4xanother races at campion hills (and sell lovely castelli knee warmers )

Cougar

TBH,

If he’d just been honest in the first place, he wouldn’t have got quite such a dressing down. It’s the wrong forum to be playing silly buggers.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe anyone felt that it reflected badly on the site / business itself. That stands (or falls) on its own merits.

wwaswas

Wot cougar sed.

ashthesplash
    Free Member

Not being a moany girl about this… I did say I didn’t work for them, but at least my name is clear again

Cougar

I wouldn’t go that far.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Strange call not to let sleeping dogs lie or reinvent oneself with a new ID!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ash does not work for us (but will do)

ashthesplash – Member

Not being a moany girl about this… I did say I didn’t work for them, but at least my name is clear again

I’d say that was a tenuous point you’re making there ash….. Now back to the classifieds with you!

dribbling
    Free Member

Funniest thing I’ve read today (and I don’t work for them either, they’ve just got cheapest DMR Vaults in Red I can find).

scottallun7
    Free Member

Well i am dealing with them at the moment and will post up when i get my goods.
    Speaking Direct with James Heath now

tby1
    Free Member

Hello,

I am one of the owners of thebikeyard, just to save confusion we no longer have any association with UBYK

hallz
    Free Member

Just for my two-penneth, I bought my Zesty from ubyk and i was very happy with the sales and service from them. Would whole heartedly recommend them…

olie68
    Free Member

Just for my two-penneth, I bought my Zesty from ubyk and i was very happy with the sales and service from them. Would whole heartedly recommend them…

+1

Irish_AL
    Free Member

meh 🙄

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Ubyk.co.uk’ is closed to new replies.