Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • U2!?!
  • shoefiti
    Free Member

I mean really – who is buying this toss?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

They still going?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

People who post in the wrong forum?
    😉

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe he meant this U2?

shoefiti
    Free Member

No – Just confused by the new forum – i did mean the ‘band’ heard a song today promoting the new album, and to be honest it was compleat sh1te – i wasn’t supprised as they are w@nk – i was just curious why anyone would spend good money on this dross, why the hell are they still here? it just made me angry that’s all, like when i put weedkiller down on my patio to get rid of the pesky unwanted green stuff and the feckers are coming back again.

DezB
    Free Member

Funny that, as a few U2 “fans” on here have claimed to be pleased that U2 annoy people. I fail to see what is annoying about them. They exist, they’re dull, they’re easy to avoid.

shoefiti
    Free Member

I want to avoid them – like a cold sometimes it’s just not possible – Bono being a twit asside they still are very very very boring, i think it’s the fact that they are so unjustifiably up their own arses and still getting away with hideous retchings of mediocrity every few years whilst wearing stupid sun glasses that gets me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They exist, they’re dull, they’re easy to avoid.

Like Mlehers then?

😉

samuri
    Free Member

If anyone has any doubts about how completely up their own arses they are, just count the number of versions of their latest album you can buy.

I’ll do it for you, five. And do they bank the money in their precious Ireland? Do they hell, Offshore all the way. Boring hypocritical **** with too much to say about the wrong things.

Everyone should download their albums illegally and then send a video of themselves deleting it to bono because it’s so crap just to wind them up as far as I’m concerned.

Junkyard
    Free Member

preachy millionaire tells governments and poor people about their responsibility to the poor of the world whilst actively minimising own moral responsibilty by using off shore tax havens….
    like the plan Samuri do you have his e-mail?

Olly
    Free Member

filed under B, for Bin.

along with the Kasi Chuffs and the Killers and all Coldplay and all that other landfill

MoreCashThanDash

They were interviewed on Radio 5 and challenged by people on the phone in about the banking offshore – they just pointed out that U2 are a business, and seek to maximise their returns. The fact that as individuals they may take a higher moral ground didn’t seem to dawn on them as being hypocritical.

They were also challenged about the multiple versions of their albums – their response was that no one is forcing you to buy every version, and if you are that obsessive, you probably need psychiatric help. Which seemed a fair answer to me.

Some of their music I really like, some (including what I’ve heard of the new album) I don’t like. My life is generally fullfilling enough that I don’t need to get my knickers in a twist about them.

jimster
    Free Member

I mean really – who is buying this toss?

I ask myself the same question about Radiohead after Ok Computer.

DezB
    Free Member

They exist, they’re dull, they’re easy to avoid.

Like Mlehers then?

Yep, never met one in my life!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    preachy millionaire tells governments and poor people about their responsibility to the poor of the world whilst actively minimising own moral responsibilty by using off shore tax havens….

Much like the Grauniad as wellll

I like your plan Samuri, I like it a lot!

Sonor
    Free Member

I quite like U2. I certainly don’t like some bands, but don’t feel the need to come on to an internet forum and bleat about it.

Get over it girls.

DezB
    Free Member

I quite like U2. I certainly don’t like some bands, but don’t feel the need to come on to an internet forum and bleat about it

Erm…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Funny that, as a few U2 “fans” on here have claimed to be pleased that U2 annoy people

I’ll put my hand up to that one.

Much like the Grauniad as wellll

More dross – not many more truly “independent” newspapers left – lets not put down the one read by those of us intelligent enough to understand it.

Get over it girls.

Indeed!

samuri
    Free Member

their response was that no one is forcing you to buy every version, and if you are that obsessive, you probably need psychiatric help.

exploiting the mentally ill as well now! Will no-one stop these monsters??!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

My mate, a moronic fan of U2, says they record good albums by other bands’ standards. By their own ones – poo poor.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

darcy, my point was in no way about the content of the Graun, but more about the fact that they drone on about how unfair it is that people use tax havens and yet do just that themselves. I was merely highlighting that, in that way at least, they are as hypocritical as U2.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cpt has a pop at left wing (ish newspaper) for using tax havens and your party of choices view on this matter is what exactly?

LORD ASHCROFT, deputy chairman of the Conservative party, has channelled money into party funds from the Central American tax haven of Belize, despite a ban on overseas donations.
    About £4.79m has been transferred via a chain of companies to Bearwood Corporate Services, a key donor to the Conservative party, according to company documents. Some of these funds appear to have been used for political donations.
    Ashcroft faces questions over whether tax was paid on the donations and whether he is now officially resident in the UK for tax purposes, as he pledged when he became a peer

From the fantastically left wing radical newspaper The times article
    Get your own house in order first eh?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My house is perfectly in order, thanks. What’s your point?

Sonor
    Free Member

I quite like U2. I certainly don’t like some bands, but don’t feel the need to come on to an internet forum and bleat about it

Erm…

Erm what? If you read what I’d said,(you do have the attention span don’t you?) you’ll notice that I’m on an internet forum not dissing any bands.

kona_uk
    Free Member

I’m a big U2 fan, I like their music, I listen to it quite a lot…

I tend to ignore all the politics and crap that seems to surround them…

Each to their own…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

(you do have the attention span don’t you?)

Oooooh…get you girlfriend!!

El-bent
    Free Member

Junkyards point is CFH is that you seem to forget that while you point out correctly that a leftish paper does it themselves, your beloved party has members that do it as well.

Talk about pointing out an organizations flaws, when you support something that has the same flaws also.

A sense of balance would be nice.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Indeed, but does the Times bleat on about tax havens being unfair? Not that I’ve seen. Does the Conservative party bleat on about it? Again, not that I’ve really seen. The Guardian, however…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is their a small child nearby to help you with my criptic point?
    You may be being very selective in your critiscism of tax havens and their use… hence you criticise the Guardian [bit off topic dont you think?]but remain silent on the actions of the party you support.
    Would you like to critise Lord Ashcroft for his behaviour ?
    He is the Deputy leader of a party in the UK

Ashcroft faces questions over whether tax was paid on the donations and whether he is now officially resident in the UK for tax purposes, as he pledged when he became a peer.

Was this the Labour party what would you be saying?
    Sure you will be as even handed as ever.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Guardian, however…..

Shall I finish that sentence for you…

….is the best newspaper in the country and has been for years. I really know this but just wish that the right wing had one that was independent and free of editorial pressure from owners, used words of more than three syllables, had a difficult crossword that didn’t have to call itself the “toughie” to warn the majority of readers…so I take any opportunity to have a wee pop at it now and then. It makes me feel a little better.

Sonor
    Free Member

Oooooh…get you girlfriend!!

Yep darcy, its getting a little silly. 😆

Chase
    Free Member

I really like the new album.

I ignore all the politics and preaching surrounding U2 – I find it much easier that way.

Saying that, I was looking into buying tickets for the new tour. To be in with a chance of getting presale tickets you have to subscribe to U2.com at $50 (USD) a year. What a chuffing swizz.

Still, I really like the new album.

DezB
    Free Member

Did someone say something?

alpin
    Free Member

i sent some mexican bird out my class when she admitted she liked U2.

El-bent
    Free Member

Interesting. CFH hasn’t replied.

What a surprise.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘U2!?!’ is closed to new replies.