Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tyre Repair Tips – sidewall hernia content
  • craa22uk

Hi,

Was out at Dalbeatie yesterday and my near new High Roller got squeezed between a channel in a bit of bedrock and it has created a hole about the size of a decent pea. The tube is poking though but didn’t blow.

Anyone got tips for repair the wall? Was thinking of cutting out a section of an old tyre and rubber cementing it into place.

Stoner
    Free Member

stitch it with a darning needle and dental floss. Then stick a boot behind it if you want belt and braces.

TractorFrog
    Free Member

As a quick repair you can use a section of Tetrapak (Juice Carton)and the pressure of the tube would keep it in place till you get back.

SiB
    Free Member

happened on my road bike a few months ago (small holes on tyre where incorrectly set brake pad wore the tyre down, frayed), bit of strong masking tape on inside of tyre over affedted area, havent had any problems since and a few hundred miles travelled in that condition (well, those continental 4000s are expensive!). Maybe only works so effectively on road bike due to high pressure?

adey205
    Free Member

duct tape every time. always got some wrapped around my pump for that very purpose
    in fact, used for all sorts of trailside repairs 😆

craa22uk

Good tips, thanks.

Will check size for stitch-worthy-ness v sticking in a bit of tape/tetrapak.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Repair Tips – sidewall hernia content’ is closed to new replies.