Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • two problems one wheel, one fork.
  • OrangeLad
    Free Member

Hi all whilst out riding yesterday I noticed two things.
    1. when riding slowly I would get a noise from the rear wheel that was reminiscent of kind of noise that you got when you have those spokey dookies (those of a certain age will remember) any one have an idea what this could be initial thought is that the wheel has lost some tension but everything feels ok. For reference its a Mavic Crossride. I know the obvious answer is to ride faster but it won’t cure the underlying problem.

2. Noticed an amount of fork oil coming from the top of the Motion Control leg of my reba. Should I be worried or is it a simple fix? Fork feels fine and has been stored the right way up.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

DT78
    Free Member

1. You checked all the spokes for tension? (pull pair together should feel even and make a ‘pling’). My guess would be bearings shot? When my rear ones went they sounded terrible. Or possibly a loose cassette?

2. I had this, after a few more rides I got it serviced by my LBS, next ride noticed a bit more, then after a couple more rides its stopped. I believe it is a common issue with the MC, and needs a new seal.

cynic-al
    Free Member

1. tension
    2. no idea.

nuke

1. No idea
    2. By coincidence this is what I was spending my time sorting out today as I’ve just got some seals off Loco with regard to this issue. Also pointed in the direction of this link which should help explain how to resolve it…

Repair Leaking Pike Motion Control

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

another [possibility for one is the springs in the brake pads rattling on the disc – makes a tinkling sound

alexpalacefan

Was this on the large (lowest gear) cog? Could it be the mech just slightly catching on the spokes?

APF

alexpalacefan

Oops, double post,

APF

toys19
    Free Member

Or even the mech cable?

OrangeLad
    Free Member

thanks guys for the input looks like a few things to check I think I can rule out the mech and the cable as I wasn’t in the largest cog and the cable outer has be well and truely repositioned so that it bends away from the wheel. Will check the other items though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘two problems one wheel, one fork.’ is closed to new replies.