Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • twentyfour12 – Timelaps results – Anyone else noticed anything wrong
  • who
    Free Member

Did the 24hr solo at the weekend with my only aspiration being to finish the thing. I was really supprised to check the results screen at the end and find I’d finished 10th and had apparently managed 17 laps. I did lose count over night but even so reckoned I’d done 13 or 14 at the most.

Having now just looked at the results on the timelaps site I’m convinced something’s wrong with some of my lap times, apparently I managed 2 sub 40min laps early on and despite having a break of 2.5hrs in the night my slowest laps was just under 3hrs. All totally impossible, it’s as if some lap times have be split and the lap counted twice!

Has anyone else noticed anything suspect? I’m know it doesn’t make much difference in the grand scheme of things but having spent the last 24 hours feeling chuffed with myself it’s now a bit dissapointing to not have a clue how I actually did?

An awesome event all the same, really well organised and a great course and atmosphere, will be back next year and will remember to count my laps myself!

spokebloke
    Free Member

I did a 65 minute lap, went straight over to the screen and it said 87 minutes.
    I couldn’t care less, but it also said my mate before me did a 52. He didn’t.

localhero94
    Free Member

A friend ended up in 6th at one point even though he was way down, looking at his lap times he was credited with an 11 minute first lap which was good going! There’s another on the list with an 11 minute first lap as well.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Having now just looked at the results on the timelaps site I’m convinced something’s wrong with some of my lap times, apparently I managed 2 sub 40min laps early on and despite having a break of 2.5hrs in the night my slowest laps was just under 3hrs. All totally impossible, it’s as if some lap times have be split and the lap counted twice!

if it’s the same crew as did it a few years ago they couldn’t organise themselves out of a cardboard box

they may have been applying manual corrections to make up for missed chips and may have been misreading numbers

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A friend ended up in 6th at one point even though he was way down, looking at his lap times he was credited with an 11 minute first lap which was good going! There’s another on the list with an 11 minute first lap as well.

to be honest that sort of stuff shouldn’t go up, even the shonkyest timing team should spot that.

I would write to BC and complain that the commissaire’s and the organiser are not doing their jobs

bullheart
    Free Member

I did a 65 minute lap, went straight over to the screen and it said 87 minutes.

Probably down to a shit bike… 😉

who
    Free Member

If big_n_daft is right I suppose I should feel sorry for the poor bloke who’s lap times were doubled when they miss-read his number as mine!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I think the timing equipment gets damaged when they tow the trailer back from the event at 80mph, causing it to tankslap alarmingly from side to side 😐

[/sanctimony mode]

julianwilson
    Free Member

Beyond a registration ‘hiccup’ meaning I was Tim Flooks (actually not there at all but presumably next to me on the sign on list) all night, I have not noticed anything untoward with my/Flooks’ lap times. Except that if it really was Flooks they would have all been at least 10 minutes less. Sorry Tim.

A few years ago there was something up with timings for everyone who started or finished a lap over midnight; a team-mate’s lap had 20 minutes added to it and consequently I posted the third fastest lap of the night. 8)

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Two of my mates didn’t start until about an hour and a half in to the (solo) race and got ‘given’ a lap as soon as they crossed the line for the first time!!!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Hello there OP / who. You appear to be the reason I had to go out and do another lap at the end, just so I could hold on to ninth place! 🙂

Mos tof my laps look ok time wise – first one was very long but I started waaaay back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘twentyfour12 – Timelaps results – Anyone else noticed anything wrong’ is closed to new replies.