Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TV recommendations, please – £350 budget…
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Our CRT is well on the way out, it’s time to join the present so, whilst I Google and learn all about these flat panel LCD / LED modern things I figured it sensible to ask the STW hive mind.
    Thus far I have learned that – technology – there’s a lot of it, and it confuses me.
    Size of TV bought is generally inversely proportionate to room size 😉
    We’re looking at 32″ max.
    We’ll only be using it as a TV – we’re not gamers etc.
    It’ll be fed signal by our Humax Freeview / Hard-drive recorder thingy = scart connection required.
    John Lewis as a supplier is tempting, given the warranty…
    TA muchly
    Chris

CHB

Samsung or Sony for that price.
    We got a Samsung (with Smart TV internet for iPlayer) from the Sheffield branch last november.

Firstly – can we ascertain why 32″ max – what’s your viewing distance?

Do you want HD in the future?

br
    Free Member

Measure the distance from your viewing seat to the screen (remember how thin it will be), and divide by 2.5 – this is the maximumu screen you want.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies…

HD – yes, please – currently Marsden does not receive the joys of HD TV but, to be able to utilise it would be good. No plans, as yet, to go for Blu-Ray.

Why 32″? – external dimensions of the current 26″ crt are are 34″ – a size we’re comfortable with. The viewing distance calc gives us a ‘max’ of 38″

PrinceJohn

Richer Sounds are good with advice etc…

LG are also good – 2 friends both got LG’s after seeing mine in action.

RustyMac

I got a cracking deal for my dad on a Samsung 32″ full HD TV from Richer sounds just after christmas.

It was this one

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32d550/sams-le32d550

This semms to be the newer model of that tv so could also be woth a look

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/samsung/le32d580/sams-le32d580

So far dad is very happy with it, he has commented it was easy to set up and intuative to use.

The guys at Richer Sound in edinburgh gave good advice when we went in to buy the TV so I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

steve-g
    Free Member

Make sure it has a USB port, and that it plays a variety of file formats incase you ever want to go to the pirate bay and download a load of things, then store them on USB flash drives…maybe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TV recommendations, please – £350 budget…’ is closed to new replies.