Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • TV problem HELP!
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

My samsung LCD TV keeps rebooting itself, mostly in the evenings it seems.
    It was dreadful last nigt, rebooted about 7 times during Top Gear and quite a few times in Iron Man.

Whilst I can’t rule out a defect with the TV, Im looking for other possible causes in upsetting the TV.
    Could mains voltage fluctuation or wireless interference be causing it? If so how can I rule this out? Would running it through a surge protection lead do anything?
    Oh and its not peripherals as everything is unplugged from the TV apart from the aerial lead.
    We have got an aerial signal booster in the house, could this have any impact?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone?

wwaswas

take the batteries out of all remotes in the room and see if it still happens? Although not sure what ‘reboot’ means, tbh.

Our set top box remote very occasionally switches the tv to standby, for example.

Milkie
    Free Member

Try updating the Firmware, there were a few models which had the same issue, a firmware update fixed them.

FuzzyWuzzy

Does it take a long time to come on as well and if so how old is it? There’s a known issue with a lot of models whereby the capacitors die and need replacing – cost me about £11 inc. buying a soldering iron. Plenty of vids on YouTube on how to do it. My TV was mostly affected by very long power-on times although occasionally it rebooted.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not the remote, as I’ve already tried that. Basically picture goes off (without the going to standby tune it plays), standby light goes on then TV comes back on (playing the powering on tune), like its just come out of standby.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Its 18 months old and powers on in about the same amount of time as it always had.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

rebooted about 7 times during Top Gear and quite a few times in Iron Man.

Quality Control System? 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes thanks Paul Merton. 🙄

bigyinn
    Free Member

A bump for the evening crew.

Cougar

Milkie – Member

Try updating the Firmware, there were a few models which had the same issue, a firmware update fixed them.

??

nosherduke996
    Free Member

A reboot is exactly what it needs, straight over next doors garden.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Like this problem?

#Edit – If so he details the fix in the comments below vid. Doesnt sound cheap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not quite, its not consistent in its behaviour as it seems to be fine during the day…. Making me think it may be an external influence rather than the TV itself…..
    Firmware has been updated to the latest release.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Is the house warmer in the evening?

Is it happening on all sources? Can you watch say a dvd in the evening?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Interesting point about the temp, hmm. Only bout 20 degrees C so not roasting by any means.
    Will have to try a DVD at some point.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If it was mine – I’d disconnect the aerial and play a dvd. If that still caused a problem – I’d try the same thing in a cool room – or the garage. If it is temp related – it could be some hairline gap / crack kind of issue that gets worse when warm.

I doubt if its due to external influences. Possibly (if freesat) from a sat dish (which is powered) but not really an aeriel. Your PC (desktop) will use a very similar power supply unit – is that complaining?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bastard thing hasn’t played up once tonight. The only difference being is there’s nothing i actually want to watch grr.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘TV problem HELP!’ is closed to new replies.