Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • TV Freeview Problem
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We had a new ariel fitted to the roof about 2 years ago.

However about 6 months prior to that we had an extension built (well cellar converted) and house rewire.

As part of the house rewire the electrician put an ariel connection from the loft in to the cellar, living room and 1 bedroom, all attached to a booster in the loft.

The lounge connection works fine, as does the cellar and all freeview channels are found. However for the 1st time last week we connected the bedroom TV and it only found about 10 channels and on most of them the signal is so poor it breaks up all the time.

Is there anything I can do or am I best getting the aerial guy back out again ?

Ta

brassneck

Sounds like the coax run from the booster to that room is bad or broken.

If you’ve a box in the wall, just re-making the connection (centre and sleeve) is worth a go, and likewise check the plug at the booster end – maybe the sleeve is frayed out or soemthing.

You might have to re run the co ax length and re do the connections, but It’s not that often the cable runs themselves go bad, always been the end point connections IME.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Remake bedroom cable connections at each end before you change anything, incase they’re not quite on properly.
    Check the booster is switched on & try the bedroom’s cable on one of the known-good outputs.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ta both simple points I should have thought of myself !

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Worked out today whats going on…

The original electrician has hooked the bedroom TV aerial up to the Sky box in the lounge, so you can watch whatever is on Sky in the lounge but nothing else…

So I am thinking. Can you get an aerial splitter so I could split the aerial signal that comes in to the lounge so that it goes in to the TV in the lounge and then connect the other lead in to a switch box, along with the output from the Sky box (which currently feeds the bedroom) so that I could switch the bedroom between Sky and aerial?

If that makes sense?

Ta

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘TV Freeview Problem’ is closed to new replies.