Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Turbo Training
  • deep_river
    Free Member

How many of you use a turbo trainer during the winter months? If so how much do you do, and what sort of sessions do you do.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Varies on the weather, but max is 3 sessions a week. One suffer fest session, one long interval session, 2 * 15 mins for example, and one 90 minute tempo.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

3 times a week until march… All suffer fest sessions.

mrchrispy

sufferfest worth buying then?
    i was planning on just blasting some tune outta the ipod

warton
    Free Member

i was planning on just blasting some tune outta the ipod

I find I switch off when I just listen to tunes. sufferfest gives you a focus, and it doesn’t take itself to seriously. My workouts are always better when I use sufferfest

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Just bought a trainer, and waiting for it to arrive (Tacx Satori!) however all this terminology is new…Sufferfest? I take it’s not some bizarre fetish? If so ( 😀 ) where do i get it? Are there any ‘programmes’ i can follow?

Cheers!

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member
    bakey

2-3 times per week. Usually w/ the Sufferfest videos – has anyone tried the new climbing one?

Strangely I enjoy turbo sessions…

tobyho
    Free Member

I have a turbo but generally prefer using the bikes at the gym. I use the Sufferfest at the gym on my iphone.. The gym is good for me; no wife and kids wandering around demanding me do things whilst I’m trying to use the turbo and the gym is full of stuff to look at during the cool-down bits..

Rupert
    Free Member

Three to four times per week, always use Sufferfest vids now having tired training with tunes alone, films, tv and training DVD’s, all are boring. Sufferfest, as said above does not take itself too seriously and gives you some focus (and good music) on your training….

traildog
    Free Member

Blimey, I don’t know how you all manage it. I use the turbo once a week for a hard interval session. I’ll be racing at the weekend and otherwise I just do steady or tempo rides.

That’s the plan, when I’m not full of cold 🙁

rigid_carbon
    Free Member

I like the look of this. Planned a ride today, but the weather is seriously bad.

What turbo trainer do you use / recommend.

Thanks.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

my trainer arrived today and will be downloading some of the Sufferfest vids!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I use the turbo, but 4 times a week? Seriously, get cold and wet once in a while. The fresh air will do you good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Turbo Training’ is closed to new replies.