Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tuesday whinge
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

Well I’m usually moaning about drivers so today it’s a cyclist in Glasgow – 2 lanes approaching a junction, one splits left, one straight on. Traffic queue in the right hand lane some way ahead, cyclist cycling up the right hand lane, over to the left but still in right hand lane. Inside lane clear and free running on a green light. I drive up the inside lane and as I approach the cyclist he’s approaching the back of the traffic in the right hand lane. Without even a sideways glance he swerves into my lane to make his way further up the stopped traffic, without even considering other people might be there. Fortunately I’d spotted he might squeeze into my lane and slowed to his speed about 10ft behind just as he pulled out but most people don’t. Even though I’d expected he might sneak up the inside a bit I wasn’t expecting him to go right into the lane and slow down further so as I braked I gave him a short blip of the horn to let him know there was other traffic he just pulled into. Pillock took the time this time to look over his shoulder and flick 2 fingers at me. 🙄 Guy on a nice road bike, fully kitted up with a rucksack on with a silver backpack cover. If it was you and you’re reading this – think before moving.

jon1973
    Free Member

“Assholes ride bikes as well as drives cars” shocker.

K

He felt your cyclist aura protecting him.

RealMan
    Free Member

Guess the enter button on your keyboard is broken too.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry, what was the middle bit again?

project
    Free Member

But was he wearing a helmet.

jon1973
    Free Member

Dunno, but according to this, he only had 2 fingers and a thumb left on one hand.

Pillock took the time this time to look over his shoulder and flick 2 fingers at me

coffeeking
    Free Member

Guess the enter button on your keyboard is broken too.

Nope, but there was absolutely no reason to separate that into multiple paragraphs, unless it were aimed at children with a short attention span I suppose, which it was not. 😀

That, sir, he was not.

He felt your cyclist aura protecting him.He felt your cyclist aura protecting him.

It is possible that I exude cyclist aura. I doubt it though, more likely the hummus I had for lunch.

Dunno, but according to this, he only had 2 fingers and a thumb left on one hand.

ummmm no-one mentioned a thumb!

project
    Free Member

Do we have a better description of the cyclist, 2 fingers and wearing a helmet, isnt exactly enough for singletrack crimewatch is it.

jon1973
    Free Member

ummmm no-one mentioned a thumb!

I just assumed if he threw two fingers, he’d still have two fingers and a thumb left. Unless he was already thumbless.

McHamish
    Free Member

You drove carefully and pre-empted his stupid behaviour.

Just rest easy that eventually he’ll do it in front of a truck and will get flattened…perhaps he’ll regret cycling like a idiot then.

I do find it strange that some cyclists seem to think they’re invincible…

coffeeking
    Free Member

I just assumed if he threw two fingers, he’d still have two fingers and a thumb left. Unless he was already thumbless.

It is possible, but I couldn’t say for sure, my observation skills are not that good I fear. It was a gloved hand if that adds anything to the story. A black glove. He was wearing a blue jacket. BLUE, of all colours.

Just rest easy that eventually he’ll do it in front of a truck and will get flattened…perhaps he’ll regret cycling like a idiot then

I just find it a tad odd that on a bike people can feel invincible – I usually feel somewhat vulnerable on a bike!

project
    Free Member

So a male cyclist, wearing a helmet, 2 fingers on one hand , wearing black gloves,blue jacket, riding a bike badly.

Woody
    Free Member

Just rest easy that eventually he’ll do it in front of a truck and will get flattened…perhaps he’ll regret cycling like a idiot then.

…….and no prizes for guessing who the pitchforks will be out for if/when that happens 😐

McHamish
    Free Member

…….and no prizes for guessing who the pitchforks will be out for if/when that happens

Once he’s been squashed we’ll all assume he was cycling like a saint and the truck driver was not paying attention or perhaps the blind spots are to blame.

Admiralable
    Free Member

So a male cyclist, wearing a helmet, at least 2 fingers on one hand , wearing black gloves,blue jacket, riding a bike badly.

Fixed it for you.

Woody
    Free Member

McHamish wins the non-existent prize 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tuesday whinge’ is closed to new replies.