Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tubeless question
  • amplebrew

I've never had tubeless wheels before and this is probably a silly question……

I've got my ZTR Crest rims, Stans rim tape, Olympic valves and NON ust Nobby Nics.

Do I need to run a sealent as well?

UK-FLATLANDER

yes, as the rubber on non-UST tyres tends to leak air.

Northwind

It's worth running sealant even with UST, to prevent punctures, but with non-UST you'll need it for sure. Stans own seems good.

amplebrew

Cool 8)

Thanks for the info.

dickie
    Free Member

I put brand new non UST NN's on Crests with sealent – one tyre was perfect, not a hint of sealent on the outside & one tyre had several pin holes squirting sealent all ocver the place.

hh45
    Free Member

i'm running that exact set up and its going great. When you first inflate you may find they go down over say an hour or two. IME its best to blow up then immediately ride as that really evenly coats the latex around the tyre's inside and seals up all the invisible micro holes that otherwise give you an effective slow puncture. Don't skimp on latex – its the key to sealing small holes without you even noticing. It also helps to seal the rim.

foxyrider
    Free Member
    amplebrew

Thanks for the help 8)

amplebrew

That guide looks really great.

It's like being a newby to mountain biking again!!!!! lol

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – Just summarised what I have found out so far about tubeless – not mega experienced myself 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless question’ is closed to new replies.