Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tubeless puncture question
  • colin9

I punctured my tyre in the tread area on Sunday, although I didn’t flat whilst I was riding I noticed the hissing and the bubbles when I was washing the bike afterwards. I left it overnight in case it sealed itself, but it was flat when I checked it yesterday. I pumped it back up and today it seems to be holding the air again.

I started running tubeless a couple of months ago so I’ve not much experience of it, but is it normal for a tyre to fully flat after a ride and then reseal itself the next time it’s pumped up? Would it not be expected to reseal more immediately whilst the air is escaping from it the first time?

And more importantly, can I trust it to stay pumped up when I’m riding at the weekend?

cultsdave
    Free Member

The sealant dries up a bit over time. You will probably find there was not much left in there and thats why it took a while to seal. I would just top up the tyre with a cap full of sealant. Should be fine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Depending on the size of the hole, you could put an automotive plug patch on the inside. Nice to know it’s not going to let go again in the middle of nowhere.

skellnonch
    Free Member

These work well if its too big to seal… unless its a big rip

colin9

Ideal, thanks guys. I’ll start by chucking in some more sealent and hope for the best.

lornholio
    Free Member

Patch the inside of the tyre with a normal patch and vulcanising solution. Then more vulcanising solution or urethane-based glue over the edges of the patch. Then flexible super glue outside the tyre.

I’ve repaired holes like this about 5 times, no issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless puncture question’ is closed to new replies.